GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I found this truck for sale as a roller in OKC, bought it and had it delivered to my friend Richards house in alabama, (aka atomic, you may have heard of him)

Rented a nice lil spot while I was down there

First day back home

Ouchies

Getting ready for the 1 day engine swap

You guessed it, lq4. Bone stock though just re sealed it

Happy brothers

So it runs fine but where I'm at now with it is I'm having hvac issues. The heater core was clogged so I flushed the shit out of it, then the thermostat was bad, then all the hvac actuators were bad except the fresh air. It was blowing heat on the driver side and cold on the passenger. I managed to replace the passenger one without pulling the dash which idk if yall have ever done that but it SUCKS. I also did the mode and driver side and now the mode still doesnt work, the passenger blows hot and the driver is ice after replacing it lmao. Obviously I'll get this sorted out but this really pissed me off and ive taken a break from working on it for now.

Once I get that sorted I have a full center console swap and armrest seats to go in, then its getting 06 hood/grille and some other exterior goodies

·
Super Moderator
6,227 Posts
Also needs a turbo imo 😂

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
@Jack1181 itll be a while, there's 2 builds ahead of this one. First being my black truck being finished and second being my friends truck getting bagged and bodied and some type of ridiculous engine setup. Unfortunately those won't be 1 day builds like this haha

·
Premium Member
1,440 Posts
@Jack1181 itll be a while, there's 2 builds ahead of this one. First being my black truck being finished and second being my friends truck getting bagged and bodied and some type of ridiculous engine setup. Unfortunately those won't be 1 day builds like this haha
If you ever need a hand, hit me up man. Always down for some ls fuckary

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
36 Posts
Just got through reading the posts on the other truck you bought. You get deep into the work, don't you. What is it that causes the cylinders & the heads to get all crappy on this one?

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just got through reading the posts on the other truck you bought. You get deep into the work, don't you. What is it that causes the cylinders & the heads to get all crappy on this one?
I've worked on so many of these trucks by now the only thing I hate doing is dash work lol everything else is fairly easy

I showed it to a couple friends we honestly have no idea what caused this. It wasn't detonation- something had to have got in the cylinder not sure how. This was a bone stock work truck,

·
Registered
36 Posts
"I've worked on so many of these trucks by now the only thing I hate doing is dash work lol everything else is fairly easy"

Yeah, after looking at some of your pics & reading your posts, I have no doubt.

The reason I asked was that last spring I did head gaskets on my '02 5.3 with 177k on it. I only got as deep as pulling the heads off (I didn't remove the valley-pan), but as far as I got, everything was spotless. (I guess that says something for synthetic oil, huh?) Anyway, I was just wondering what it was that would have created that mess.

·
Registered
4,898 Posts
In for build

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Threads gonna be dead for a little until it gets a little nicer out, just waiting on some free time to do the seat and carpet swap then after that I'll be moving on to suspension.

Going to do a 2/4 drop with atomic coilovers up front, also have his shock relocation brackets for the rear. Long story short my 06 HD hood that I had got destroyed so I'm on the hunt for another smh.

Also trying to work a deal on this escalade lol stay posted might be a build thread on that too

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Welp no escalade but i did get this sweet 2 door tahoe, I'm going to ls swap it(duh)

Also I've made absolutely no progress on this truck lol. It has all kinds of hvac issues and I've done everything short of pulling the dash and replacing the whole blower box which I dont have time for cause I have like 3 jobs lol

It's been sitting at my friends shop the past few months cause I havn't felt like messing with it, oh well too many projects

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

Welp finally got around to doing the interior, I cut the carpet wrong but I have spare pieces to finish. Also I need to get my shifter cut and extended its like an l shape, I did it on my last truck just keep forgetting to remind my friend to do it. I had some armrest seats but they are in shit condition so I'll hold out for some nice leathers lol

Also got some new tail lights and diesel led reverse lights, defnitely going to add those to every truck I get from now on lol they're ignorantly bright

A/C and heat finally works right, ended up replacing all actuators, flushing heater core, truck had a new compressor and reciever when i bought it, new blower and resistor, and finally control panel.

Next up is find another 06 hood/grille, headlights and wheels- some type of factory 20 whatever I can get cheap

1 - 15 of 15 Posts