GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I called RC last week and asked if I could run my 2013 GMC OEM 18s with their 5" kit. He said, "Yeah but you will need 1/4" wheel spacers for them to clear."

As I have said before, I am going for the "as OEM as possible" look and love what some of the guys have done on this forum i.e. [MENTION]medik13 [/MENTION] and [MENTION=14993]AbsolutHank[/MENTION].

I am just trying to see if that is going to push my wheels and tires out too far. I am not looking for a huge track width. I know that is will increase some but I am not going for the x12 or even x10 look.

Do any of you guys have pictures of 1/4" spacers on 18s. Looking to run 33ish tires. My other option I guess is to find some OEM 20s and put those on.

Any recommendations or pictures would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
RCX 5" on 18s

1/4" spacers will be practically unnoticeable in person and completely unnoticeable in pictures.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Run the 1/4" in front and 2" in rear and it'll be lined almost perfect. Also I'd run some 295/70s on your factory 18s, that's the best look for sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
You won't notice 1/4" at all. The lift itself however will increase your front track width the most.

·
Married and broke
1,854 Posts
My RCX 7.5 instructions say you can run 18' or larger wheels without spacers. Maybe it's because the offset of the stock wheels? I bought 2, 1/4" spacers off of Ebay for $11.50 shipped. That way if you need them, they're there but if you don't you're out only $12.00.

·
Registered
80 Posts
From what I have seen and read, you will not need any spacers on the front w/ the stock 18" wheels. I will be running the same wheels and lift w/ a 295/70/18 very shortly.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
From what I have seen and read, you will not need any spacers on the front w/ the stock 18" wheels. I will be running the same wheels and lift w/ a 295/70/18 very shortly.
I'd love to see some pics of your final sent up. Excited to see what it will look like.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah I have looked through most of that thread. Its always a little hard to keep up with. That's when I am looking for. All his needs is to be leveled in the front. I already have bilsteins in the front so I will level it out with those. Trying to decide on the middle or top setting. I have seen some top settings that give a "Cen cal" look. I want it as level as possible.

·
Registered
105 Posts
They will fit without the spacer.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I got my tires mounted up today. I went w/ the cooper st maxx. They look awesome on the factory 18's. My only concern is that they are about a 1/4" wider than the nittos everyone else runs. Its gonna be a tight fit.

t3_zpskffupmi4.gif

t1_zpspqhtzjpf.gif

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I got my tires mounted up today. I went w/ the cooper st maxx. They look awesome on the factory 18's. My only concern is that they are about a 1/4" wider than the nittos everyone else runs. Its gonna be a tight fit.

t3_zpskffupmi4.gif

t1_zpspqhtzjpf.gif
Lets see them on the truck...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts