GMC Truck Forum banner

Rcx 5 questions

1K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  Tyler_pinkerton 
#1 ·
Hey everyone. I haven't been a member long, but I have been reading for a while. I have tried to do as much research as possible before asking any questions, but there are a few specific things that I can't find. My truck is a 2012 CC 4x4.

1. I already have a 2" RC leveling spacer installed so I was considering just getting the 5" kit and then reusing the leveling spacer. I haven't heard many good things about the 7.5" kit so my thinking was it would keep the angles a little better and still provide clearance for 35's. Would this work?

2. I am also thinking about adding adjustable bilsteins to the RCX kit as well. Any reason this would not work?

3. My main goal is to fit a 20x10 and 35's. I know the FTS kit would be the better way to go for this, but I am just trying to check my other options. I was told to fit this I would need the FTS + bilsteins so there is a pretty significant price difference between the two. Would I be able to fit this wheel/tire combo with just the basic FTS 7?

Sorry for writing a book. Thanks in advance for any opinions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

See less See more
#6 ·
1. I already have a 2" RC leveling spacer installed so I was considering just getting the 5" kit and then reusing the leveling spacer. I haven't heard many good things about the 7.5" kit so my thinking was it would keep the angles a little better and still provide clearance for 35's. Would this work?
Considering everything is dropped a full 5" I'd say leaving the spacer will be fine, definetely don't go higher though.

2. I am also thinking about adding adjustable bilsteins to the RCX kit as well. Any reason this would not work?
Nope it's fine

3. My main goal is to fit a 20x10 and 35's. I know the FTS kit would be the better way to go for this, but I am just trying to check my other options. I was told to fit this I would need the FTS + bilsteins so there is a pretty significant price difference between the two. Would I be able to fit this wheel/tire combo with just the basic FTS 7?
You don't have to get bilsteins with the FTS. Since the FTS uses a lower strut replacement, you could run either an upper or lower spacer. You could run the basic FTS with a 1/2" or 1" lift spacer and clear that combo easily, with better angles than the RCX.

#8 ·
I was wondering this same thing for my 08. Been on the fence between the Mcgaughys 7" or the RC 5" with my 2.5" leveling kit. I was wanting to run a 35" tire but I do a lot of high way driving and don't know if I want to drop my MPG that much running 35" tire. now I think I have decided to just do the RC 5" with my RC 2.5" leveling kit and run a 33" tire on a 20x12" wheel.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.