GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I recently decided to upgrade my RCX 5" to the new RCX 6" to give it a little extra clearance for my new wheels. I realize I could have accomplished this with a spacer or Bilsteins alone but I'm not a fan of the cali lean look so I decided to just swap out the front spacers and rear blocks from the new 6" Rough Country kit.

Here's the before picture with the RCX 5" kit, rear wheel spacers and stock wheels:

Fender measurements with a 305/65R18 (33.5"X12") were 42.375 in the front and 43.375 in the rear.

Here's the after pictures with the RCX 6" kit installed, Bilsteins front and rear (set at the lowest level so no additional lift), and 18X9.5" Moto Metal 951's +18mm offset:

Fender measurements now with a 33.5"X12" tire are 44" front and 44.5" rear.

I'm pretty happy with the results. A little more lift like I wanted and I haven't noticed any rubbing. Sits more level too.

I'll be posting my RCX 5" blocks and spacers for sale soon if anyone is interested.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Looks great and on a side note Where you at in ga

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
145 Posts
This kit uses the anti-wrap blocks doesn't it? If so, how do you like them compared to the ones in the 5" kit?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes it does. I can't tell any difference. It actually rides better now than it did with the 5" kit, but I think that can be attributed to the Bilsteins.

·
15 RCSB Z71
2018 GMC Sierra All Terrain 6.2L
3,447 Posts
A little bit of debadging and colormatching (handles & rear bumper) would finish your truck off nicely. Not a fan of the rake but if lean isn't your thing than I can get that. LGB :thumbsup:

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks guys.

Wow, what a difference! You should add some 1/4 wheel spacers to really finish the transformation.
I have the 2" spacer on the rear. Do you think the front track width needs to be a little wider?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
A little bit of debadging and colormatching (handles & rear bumper) would finish your truck off nicely. Not a fan of the rake but if lean isn't your thing than I can get that. LGB :thumbsup:
Yeah I agree about the color matching. Next thing on my list is painting the bowtie on the grill and tailgate.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Did you get any pub with the 305's when you had the 5"? I'm thinking about doing the 5" at some point. I already have 5100s in the front so now I am just throwing around tire size options.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Did you get any pub with the 305's when you had the 5"? I'm thinking about doing the 5" at some point. I already have 5100s in the front so now I am just throwing around tire size options.
Only very minor rubbing at full lock when backing up with the 5" and 305's on stock wheels.

·
15 RCSB Z71
2018 GMC Sierra All Terrain 6.2L
3,447 Posts
Look up the small NorCal mod. Odds are you will just need to zip tie back the fender liner though.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
How much do you want for the 5in ?
Rough Country sells the 5" blocks, spacers and hardware for $249 plus shipping. I'd sell mine for $150 shipped.

Just to be clear, this isn't for the complete lift. Its just the blocks and spacers (perfect for anyone wanting to convert a 7.5" to a 5"). The other components are still on my truck as I simply converted my 5" to a 6". The complete lift sells for between $850-$1000 depending on the vendor.

Does anyone know if you can do some cutting or add wheel spacers to alleviate this?
If you already have the Bilstein adjustables you could just raise it up to the second notch (+.59") for a little more clearance.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts