GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, first time posting here from nw Indiana and after lurking around for a week or so I do have a very valid question/possible solution. See, im the kind of dude who will read for months before doing something, looking at every angle possible just like I waited a year to have my Harleys neck cut and raked for a 26" front wheel so with that being said.... I know the rcx 7.5 kit basically has $hit angles for the cv's being that the diff is only a 5" drop so my possible solution/question is that wouldn't it be just as easy to take that 5" drop bracket for the diff and have a fab shop (I work construction so I deal with a few) and have them make the same brackets just in a 7.5" drop ? Also, a quick question too, I read on superlifts page that they recommend a new driveshaft for their 8" kit because the stocker will only last 20k miles. Any of you have thoughts on this with the other kits ? Thanks in advance and im sure I will get a few rude comments, but its the internet and easy to be rude over a screen so im prepared.:throw:

·
Registered
82 Posts
If you want to go that big just buy a FTS or a fabtech, both are about the same height. No reason to cheap out on lift if you are so picky about mods.

·
Baseball
2,306 Posts
everything else would have to drop further down as well.. the shop would have to fab up bigger crossmembers and other things of the like

·
Registered
968 Posts
You would be wasting your time. Even though you'd save money on the lift, by the time the fab shop actually fabbed up the brackets, you'd be better off buying a bigger lift. A one-off bracket like that done by a fab shop that doesn't produce them everyday will take them a little time to get it just right, and unless they have the truck there to test fit the part, they won't know if it will have enough clearance, to clear everything that is necessary for it to clear, just by making a copy of the original bracket that is longer.

·
Banned
366 Posts
I've got 47K on my truck with 37k on my rcx lift. No issues at all and I'm pretty hard on this truck. Trail riding, curb hopping, mudding, just plain drive it like you stole lol.

37/13.5's and one set of brake pads.....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts