GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
sittin purdy
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yes i have a 7.5 rcx kit. i saw on their website they have the optional kicker braces. i was wondering the purpose of these. and if they are a good idea. thanks in advance

·
Registered
8,384 Posts
too keep everything braced in case of a collision, having a taller subframe for your suspension is obviously not as sturdy as it was when stock. They can't hurt, I have them on my superlift.

·
Registered
2,116 Posts

·
Registered
792 Posts
I have a 7.5 inch kit as well and the kicker braces have been sitting in the garage for about 6 months lol. Mine is a street queen though.

·
Registered
219 Posts
The whole point of the kicker braces is to reduce the chance of the front crossmembers from twisting when using the truck offroad where uneven suspension flex and impacts may occur and twist the crossmember forward or backwards under the truck similar to rear track bars.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

·
Mossy Oak Pro Staff
2,668 Posts
Get em.

·
sittin purdy
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
hey show me some pics of them installed. i wanna see wat they look like. i have been on the rc website and seen them in blue. i wanna see them on someones truck

·
Mossy Oak Pro Staff
2,668 Posts
hey show me some pics of them installed. i wanna see wat they look like. i have been on the rc website and seen them in blue. i wanna see them on someones truck
They look the same, expect in black. :crazy:

·
Go BSU!!
12 Posts
I have them on my truck and it seems to tie everything together. Seems more solid. I would definitely spend the money.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.