GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought the rcx 6" lift in my 2000 sierra an after install and some trips down the trail I've realized that some things just aren't working right. Cv angle is way to steep as well as the tie rods . Not big deal on road but start climbing a steep hill and the cvs start popping and the steering flexes an obscene amount. I'm wondering if anyone has any ideas on how to drop the steering components to reduce the angle and subsequently the force being applied on them. As for the cv shafts I'm thinking modification of the drop brackets to bring it down another inch thoughts?

·
The Canadian
3,241 Posts
All you have to do is de-crank your torsion keys, get it re-aligned. Then roll out..

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Kinda been trying to avoid that barely clearing the 35"s at full lock as it is. How do the larger lift kits get around this?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So my best options is cut my losses and buy a bigger lift cuz I like how high it is now o don't want it any lower?

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
The rcx is like 5" I believe so you crank for the 6". Either decrank or buy a true 6-7" luft

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok that would explain it cuz iv definitely stretched it to the 6" and I like it there I know I won't be happy wit 5 so looks like bigger lift lol

·
RIP Jason Payne
1,824 Posts
You must be cranked past 6" because I had mine almost fully cranked and I didn't experience any of what you're talking about, and I'd wager to say that my truck was wheeled harder than most any other RCX kit out there(full time ice fishing and hunting truck). My truck sat way high in the front, it was more like at 7" and I never had a CV issue.

IMG-20110831-00421.jpg

·
Baseball
2,306 Posts
1.5" body lift, decrank front, maybe smaller block in the back

·
The Canadian
3,241 Posts
RCX lifts drop the diff 4.5", and the LCA, 5". At the 5" mark, the angles are close to flat. You can crank up to about 7", but that will leave your UCA's pretty much on the droop stops, and ride like a tank, and your angles will suffer. 5.5"-6.25" is the MOST to crank an RCX lift to.

·
Greg
43 Posts
I had the RCX 6" NTD kit....total JUNK!

You get what you pay for.. I HAD to crank my to 9" just to get camber into spec. (had all new UCA's, ball joints, tie,rods, idler Arm, pitman arm, cv axles; all brand new at install...) went to 5 different alignment shops and they could not get it into spec.. found out the knuckles were drilled wrong..returned the whole kit.. not to mention, the tie rod sleeves didnt fit, the shocks were DOA, things were welded wrong, boltswere grade 5 mixed with grade 8 and the rear block set up is a failure.. Not to mention they gave me every excuse in the book and gave HORRIBLE customer support

if i buy a lift kit with a projected lift height.. It better be at least at or close to the advertised lift height. and it better be made right

this is all my experience of course..yours may differ..

i suggest paying the money and getting a real lift kit that is properly designed, has quality parts, and actually cares about their customers

·
Registered
770 Posts
There's a tons of members on here running this lift without any issues. Your kit was obviously faulty, and not a true representation of their product.

·
Greg
43 Posts
as to why I said " your experience may differ"

however that doesnt excuse very very poor customer service/tech support

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Every lift company will send out a bad product every once in awhile. I have a 5" rcx as do a lot of people on this forum, it's a great kit and I havnt heard of one problem with it. Also I havnt heard of any bad stories about their customer service any time recent

·
Registered
770 Posts
as to why I said " your experience may differ"

however that doesnt excuse very very poor customer service/tech support

Their tech support is pretty bad, I've had several arguments with their so called "tech support", they usually just send me through to R&D. I will say that I've never had an issue getting something replaced no questions asked.

·
Greg
43 Posts
Every lift company will send out a bad product every once in awhile. I have a 5" rcx as do a lot of people on this forum, it's a great kit and I havnt heard of one problem with it. Also I havnt heard of any bad stories about their customer service any time recent

I had the 6" NTD kit

In my experience. i literally got every excuse in the book. everything from my new parts were faulty (tie rods, ball joints etc.) to my truck must have been in an accident.

it is also possible I had a bum kit; but i have heard from others about their product having issue.....though the adage still stands "you get what you pay for"

But i digress a little bit, seeing as how it led me to do a SAS and i never looked back since

1 - 20 of 23 Posts