GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found that Rough Country will now sell the UCA by themselves for $260. Considering running these with my total performance leveling kit. I remember though a member talking about them rubbing the coils? Maybe Sam? Any info on this will help

·
Registered
268 Posts
those look like stock

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Generally they give better angles and avoid having to cut droop stops if you have a "cranked" setup.
^this. I just remember a member posting that his rcx arms were rubbing the coils. Trying to figure out if this is true before I pull the trigger

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
i think whether or not they rub the coil slightly depends on the spacer you have. most mount to the top of the strut, while rcx mounts at the bottom, the coil is in a different position in each of the different cases.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i think whether or not they rub the coil slightly depends on the spacer you have. most mount to the top of the strut, while rcx mounts at the bottom, the coil is in a different position in each of the different cases.
That's what I was thinking. So in my case, I have a large upper strut spacer and at the angles I have I think they would rub.

·
Scientist
513 Posts
Since mine is only a 2 inch spacer, I wonder if mine will rub? So many questions

·
can't lose on 22z
1,442 Posts
The rcx 3.5 comes with an upper spacer. I have the lift on mine with cranked bilsteins and no rubbing here...

·
Scientist
513 Posts
Well damn... Do they rub the coils, or do they not rub the damn coils?

·
Registered
346 Posts
If your worried about rubbing just get cognito uca's they are worth every penny.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I also got 3.5 rc kit with the upper control arms and mine don't rub.

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
Sam's were rubbing bc he was running a 3" spindle and 2" spacer IIRC, so he had quite a bit more loft than what they were designed for. I don't see just a leveling kit being an issue with rubbing...

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
That's for the info c-dub. I plan to run 3" spindles next month with bilstein adjustable struts cranked to about 1.5". So I guess rcx arms wouldn't really be needed. Cognitos are in future though

·
OG GMFS Member
2,963 Posts
I dont know if you guys noticed in that CAD picture, but the upper arm was mounted outside of the frame brackets :crazy:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts