GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, well i got totally ripped of with the last attempt at baggin my truck... but things are looking better...

i met some people and joined NUGROUNDS truck club here in san diego. they hooked me up with an expert welder/fabricator whos been baggin trucks for practally (sp?) ever. he's going to RE-bag my truck the correct way for 1800.. hes going to custom make me a 6 link, back half my frame, renotch and reweld all cups, rewire all the wireing for the bags/compressors, cut out the front fenders and relocate everything in the engine bay so i can lay on 22's, custom make me a tranny crossmember, and cut off everything i dont need on the frame ( aka ebrake cables/holders, leaf spring mounts ect...)

hes also gonna cut out that ghastly cover NEW IMAGE CUSTOMS attempted to make...

This guys name is Kevin Brown aka KB designs based out of Santee Ca, ive seen a bunch of his work at a local beach hang out, and its awesome, ill post pics when i get my truck back, which is going to be a bit while i raise the money..

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya this is the one and the same KB designs, im so stoaked, im calling New Image Customs tommorow and trying to get some of my money back, its ridiculus (sp?) that i gotta go back and replace everything that they installed, there is nothing that they touched that wasnt F*cked up, not a single thing...

·
Changed my life
1,218 Posts
Ya, to be perfectly honest that bag job is one of the worst I've seen, and I've seen some bad ones. :(

Good luck getting it all fixed, KB Designs will treat you right and get you a really nice setup. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
LowBlue02 said:
Ya, to be perfectly honest that bag job is one of the worst I've seen, and I've seen some bad ones. :(

Good luck getting it all fixed, KB Designs will treat you right and get you a really nice setup. :thumbsup:
ya the kevin @ KB said its not the worst he's seen from NEW IMAGE CUSTOMS, he said hes seen ones where they had holes on the underside of the notch, or where they just welded pieces of quarter inch plate together to make notches and arm brackets. Ive also seen a truck where the weld right behind the notch broke. it broke through the top part of the frame, through the whole side, and the only part holding was the last lower part of the C on the frame.. scary shit...

if u ever hear anyone asking in the san diego area for shop to go to, keep them away from NEW IMAGE CUSTOMS.... bad deal!

·
Picture Me Rollin'
287 Posts
Where's KB designs? I wanna go check em out and see if they'll bag the rear of my truck, hehe. I wanna check out yur truck too man, looked good, will be sick on the 22s.
Evan

·
Picture Me Rollin'
287 Posts
Yeah to be able to ride super ass down, then put it back up to level. And so when guys like u drop on me, I can drop on them back, HAHA
Evan

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ya, but its still horrible, and if u rode in it, it would scare u..

im kinda perfectionistic, and this is FAR from it, ill upload new pics when get my truck re-bagged, thanks for all the support

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Here's a pic that should make your install feel sweet. This guy lives around town, and honestly, I wont drive within 1000 feet of him. He cut all his crossmembers in half in order to lay frame! Never welded supports, etc. Here's his sweet rear end setup. He got all ticked because we called it hack and dangerous.

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
i've seen his some trucks he did at the forbidden fantasy show... his 6 link looked pretty awesome. Looks alot like the KP, but i'm sure hes charging alot less. I talked to a old guy about his truck that KB bagged, he said he had no problems. I think the guys plate said poco loco or something like that.

·
Burning Rubber
994 Posts
Beyond Static said:
Here's a pic that should make your install feel sweet. This guy lives around town, and honestly, I wont drive within 1000 feet of him. He cut all his crossmembers in half in order to lay frame! Never welded supports, etc. Here's his sweet rear end setup. He got all ticked because we called it hack and dangerous.

I dig the Bungee cords on the tanks :rocking: ... and the fact that he cant get his bag plates even close on a simple over axle setup :nono:

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ya KB designs looks great, hes going to install a new 4 link or 6 link (i forgot which) that he designed. hes only put it on a silverado 2500HD or something like that, so i might have something actually kewl to show off.. ill upload pics durring construction if i can, and definitly after... im so stoaked to get him to work on my truck

lol... that pic makes me feel a little bit better, cept he didnt pay for a hack job like i did... but ya... whew glad thats not my truck

·
Registered
440 Posts
Yum, an electric compressor right next to the removed gas tank and a gas can? cant be good. And I dig the bungee cords holding the tanks on, that are connected to the bag mounts, wonder if the hooks rub the bags??? :insane:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts