GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
geauxlow
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My spearco intercooler came in this weakend 27" x 12" x3". Good for conservative 900hp. and at 15 lbs. boost has a .7 psi pressure drop. Now out comes the 42lb injectors (for sale) and in goes the 65lbs. Out with the stock tank and z28 fuelpump along with the t-rex frame mount helper pump, and in with the 16 gal. fuel cell. I just removed the newly rebuilt 700-R4 with hardend imput shaft and drum hardened reaction shell and bearing 5 pinion gear rear planetary borg warner clutches, corvette servo, transgo shift kit and much more along with a precision vigilante 3000 stall (all for sale) and installed a Rossler th-400 and vigilante 2800 stall. Strong and quick for racing but sux on gas. Also a b&m mega shifter. A heavy duty balanced drive shaft toped it off. We mounted the D-1 procharger and cog drive pulleys, ordered the belt, hooked up the oil feed and return line and fabricated a tensioner. I hope to be ready for the thunder shootout in nov. If this thing stays together at 20 lbs. boost +- It will be pretty quick. :D To make it hook---- well out comes the wallet again. :crazy:

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
Just saw this... sounds like it'll be a bad mofo! :D

·
internet bigot®
4,016 Posts
what size truck you runnin this in?.. RC or EC? 2wd im guessin... gimme some stats.. sounds sick.

·
geauxlow
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
"what size truck you runnin this in?.. RC or EC? 2wd im guessin... gimme some stats.. sounds sick."

My truck is a 92 RC with a 355ci custom multiport injection. With my old GM fastburn heads it ran 12.55 @107 all motor but with the new pro-action heads I lowered the compression to 9.0:1 and with the TH-400 I slowed to a 12.9 but still ran 107 mph. Note this engine is not built to run NA. but designed for my blower. The cam is cut on a 114 grind and specs are 240/250 at .700 lift. The computer is a speed-pro wide band 0-2. Gears are 410. The truck is lowered 5-6 and I know it's not near low enough for all you scrapers but my truck is go before show! :D 00SILVERADO I'll be sure to send ya a burn out video and hopefully a 1/4 mile run as well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts