GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's gonna be awhile before I can get my 22" Intro's, so I have been looking for some wheels to ride on to pass a little time! I have found some boyds on ebay for a really good deal. What has me curious if they are real or not, is that they are chrome instead of polished billet. I thought the magnetos and timeless 6 where polished. I also didn't know that they made a magneto 6. Also, has anybody purchased wheels from this person? I want a good deal on some nice wheels but just don't want to blow my money on junk!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2460229890&category=43960
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2460228360&category=43960

Thanks
Trey

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
I did a quick look and it seem Boyds has the Timeless 6 and Magneto 6 in their cast series wheels.

http://www.billetwheel.com/Wheels/Cast/magneto6.html
http://www.billetwheel.com/Wheels/Cast/cast22.html

The thing that would worry me is that Boyds website only lists a 20x8 & 20x9.5 in the timeless, no 20x9 as in the ebay ad. And the Magento Boyds lists 20x8 and 20x10. I know Boyds could have made a special 20x9 .. but then again would it be on ebay and for cheap if it was a custom made wheel?

Even in the Bitchin Series of the Timeless 6s, they only list a 20x8 and a 20x9.5 .. the picture in the ebay ad looks like the Bitchin Series but I'd be skeptic about all this unless you hear from someone who has dealt with the person and was happy with them.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When I emailed him, he said they were 20x8.5. That it was a misprint. That's why I posted it here, because I was hoping someone had dealt with this person/company!

Thanks
Trey

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
why not save that $$$ and wait till you have it all for what you really want... Rims are $$$ no matter what and if you spend 500-900 on a set of rims, then you are that much farther away from what you really want.

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
Those are pretty nice looking, but as aber said, that is 1100 closer to your 22's :read: not to mention tires will be another 700-800 if you go with lowpros (which i'm sure you will judging by your sig photo)

If you keep saving you will get your 22's much sooner. But if you will be happy with 20's i think it is a good buy :)

·
MIA
1,157 Posts
Y2KSierra said:
Those are pretty nice looking, but as aber said, that is 1100 closer to your 22's :read: not to mention tires will be another 700-800 if you go with lowpros (which i'm sure you will judging by your sig photo)

If you keep saving you will get your 22's much sooner. But if you will be happy with 20's i think it is a good buy :)
True ... why wast 2000.00 only to wait longer for your 22's

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
werd... i wouldn't buy a set of rims just to get by. The stocks aren't that ugly. If you just want to be lower, but some tiny ass tires like lowblue02.

·
Registered
559 Posts
i was gonna buy the magnetos from that guy too,i say fuck it,if u like the wheels ( which i did) go for it,but since u already have the truck set up for 22s (even if its just in the back) wait till u can afford them and go for that shit,just dont make the mistake of doin shit a dozen times like ive done,ive wasted so much money like that,ive added up that all the money ive spent by puttin different sizes of tires and diff lowering kits and body parts i coulda had mine bodydropped by now

·
eplingphoto.com
550 Posts
If you wanting 22's but know it'll be a while before you get them just get some American Eagle they make timeless 6 knockoffs that look just the same and probably are alot stronger than the boyds.

But if you just want 22's Boss makes some great looking 22's and they are about half the cost of the Intro's

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
atomoverride said:
Found these centerlines they look cool...in 22"

Thanks for the input. I probably should just wait, but I'm hopping to have everything shaved and tubbed and attend some shows this summer. I really don't want to enter a show with stock wheels! I still have time to think about it and save more money.

I'm tubbing everything for 22's. I probably have enough fender tube in the rear to tuck 24's with a good size tire! I will make as much room in front as possible also! I figure it would be better to have a little extra room, than not enough!

Atomoverride,I looked at Centerlines website. Their 22x9's only have 5 1/2" of backspacing. I don't think that is enough to tuck is it?

Thanks
Trey

·
Wheel guy
700 Posts
Those "boyd" timeless wheels wont tuck either. They are made for stock suspension. I know this for a fact.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
IntroWheels said:
Those "boyd" timeless wheels wont tuck either. They are made for stock suspension. I know this for a fact.

mine tuck just fine :read:

·
Registered
397 Posts
IntroWheels said:
You can get a set of cast Boyd Timeless6's at shop.sportruck.com for 1495 with custom backspacing.

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
buginajar said:
You can get a set of cast Boyd Timeless6's at shop.sportruck.com for 1495 with custom backspacing.
i don't know... but BRyan knows his shit about rims... its kindof his job. I can't imagine a rim company making a set of casts tuck... since all truck have different offsets, and hell, our trucks have different offsets from side to side.

·
Registered
397 Posts
2k1slvrdo said:
i don't know... but BRyan knows his shit about rims... its kindof his job. I can't imagine a rim company making a set of casts tuck... since all truck have different offsets, and hell, our trucks have different offsets from side to side.
Yeah, I know what you're talking about. But even with the casts. Boyd makes custom wheels even cast wheels. When you order the cast timeless 6's you can specify what backspacing you want.
http://shop.sportruck.com/bcodd/cast/timeless.htm

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
02chevy said:
made for stock suspension? i dont understand
I think he means they just wont tuck, aka they sit flush with the fenderlips. My centerlines do the same thing since they are one piece wheels. They'll tuck with low profile tires on them though :)

1 - 20 of 57 Posts