GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, Newbie to the forums and looking for a little help. Today I just got a 2001 Silverado Normal Cab Stepside. Im looking to do an audio install and im trying to save as much money as I can. Im taking my old subs out of my Acura and I would like to move them into my truck. I wanted to give you guys a link the the subs that I already own and see if you could tell me if they would fit and what I need to do to make them fit. Here is the link: My Subs. I have 2 of those btw. Im really hoping you guys will come back with some good news and tell me it will be a piece of cake :worship: Thanks

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The only thing that i worry about is the depth of the sub. Other then that, after taking out the jack I shouldnt have any other problems. I dont fully understand sound presure etc. Like how big does the box really need to be to get the best sound quality that I can? Maybe I should just remove my subs and take it to a SoundAdvice or something and get them to look at it and tell me what will work.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Once again im lost. What info about the sub can I tell you guys so you have enough information to tell me what I need?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just go with a pre-built box, not as much to deal with and they fit, but like what he said above, if you know what your doing, then make your own, i made my own and they slam, but its all depends on what you wanna do

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I would really like to make my own. I just dont believe I have the talent to do it and I dont know about airspace requirments and stuff. From what im told you can just jam 2 subs into a box and expect them to perform well.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Probox makes some quality stuff. It is all about matching the required airspace of the subs to the airspace of the box to get the best sound.

·
ExhaustSoundzSeniorMember
1,137 Posts
If the subs you have need .5-.8 cubic feet of air space, and the box you build has more than .8, how will that effect sound?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts