GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Rollin with Saget
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am considering baggin my truck this summer (hopin and prayin for the money), and want to know what kind of rear suspension i should get. i would like to lay frame and tuck my 20's.

thanx

btw - how does a cantilevered (sp?) system work and what makes it so special?

·
Registered
5,693 Posts
KP Cantilever 4-link. Don't question it, just get it:read: The KP kit is badass...it rides like a caddy and it totally bolt on. The canitlever attachment is what gives it the great ride and all the lift. Check out www.kpcomponents.com The 4-link and the canti. attachment are sold seperately...you can get just the 4-link and run an over the axle setup, but it wont ride nearly as good as with the canti.

·
Registered
308 Posts
am i right in assuming that a cantilever essentially works like a track bar or panhard bar(whichever you want to call it, both the same thing)???

·
Rollin with Saget
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
cool...

off to work to get the money for the rear setup....... be back in a year or so... :bowtie:

·
Registered
291 Posts
for the nbs trucks to bag the rear do you have to buy both the 99-02 F/S GM Bolt-on 4-Link and the 99-02 F/S GM Bolt-on Cantilever or just one or what and for the front do you just have to buy the 99-02 F/S GM Front Kit and if so how does it work where do you bolt it that kind of stuff thanks :head: :bowtie:

·
Registered
5,693 Posts
captainchaos said:
am i right in assuming that a cantilever essentially works like a track bar or panhard bar(whichever you want to call it, both the same thing)???
no, the canti has nothing to do with the panhard bar. there is a seperate panhard bar that comes with the kit. the canti is basically just a bag mount that allows the bags to be mounted way behind the axle giving the great ride and awesome lift.

and no, you do not have to buy both. you can either run just the 4-link with the bags mounted over the axle, or you can run the 4-link and cantilever which will mount the bags towards the rear of the truck.

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
bcubed said:
Is that an old picture, looks like you have stockers on then.
yup... haven't had stockers for a long time now... they made my rear fenders a lil fatter... The underside of my truck hasn't changed, it just lays lower now

·
Registered
308 Posts
thanks for clearin up the cantilever confusion.....i feel more educated in the world of air ride now

1 - 12 of 12 Posts