GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I recently just out a 6in lift on my truck and when we lifted up the rear and put the tires back on I noticed that you can take the passenger side rim and tire , and move it in and out about an inch, inch and a half? The driver side doesn't do this though. One person who was helping out on the lift said my spider gears were going out ? Could it be the bearing on that side ? I haven't pulled the axle cover of yet to check how it looked, But there isn't and roar or grinding noise coming from the rear end. ANY help would be greatly appreciated !

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sorry for some misspelling, it's hard to type on this phone.

·
The Canadian
3,241 Posts
If the passenger side rear axle shaft is moving in and out 1" +, do you know if that wheel will spin under power from the truck. (maybe axle shaft snapped) and you have 1wd... You would most likely hear this though.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes it will spin, went off-roading this weekend in the mountains and had to get up some steep parts.

·
The Canadian
3,241 Posts
Yes it will spin, went off-roading this weekend in the mountains and had to get up some steep parts.
Take the wheel off and make sure the play is the whole axle. check the axle seals, maybe fluid leaked out, overheated internals, snapped some bolts.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
a bearing has nothing to do with side to side play on your axle
sounds like the c-clip inside the diff that holds the axle is broken or missing
stop driving it now and replace the clip

·
The Canadian
3,241 Posts
a bearing has nothing to do with side to side play on your axle
sounds like the c-clip inside the diff that holds the axle is broken or missing
stop driving it now and replace the clip