GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Nom Nom Nom
8,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I broke down and bought the Baer brake drum2disc conversion for the 2006 Silverado's (got a really good deal)... Nice big 15" cross-drilled/slotted and zinc plated rotors with the red powdercoated calipers. Should look nice behind those new Intro's with thinner spokes...

I'll get pics of them installed as soon as I can, but I don't know when I will get around to actually doing that. Might have to hold off until I get the front brakes to match... we'll see what happens.

:D

·
Dem People
5,664 Posts
I've heard that crossed drilled and slotted rotors can be bad on a daliy driven vehicle. They are good for racing and such, but not for everyday stop and go traffic. Is that true?

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
I had the cross drilled/slotted Baer Decelarotors on my Tahoe and loved them. I had Wagner Quiet Stop pads and it stopped on a dime and they look great too.

·
YUH
7,600 Posts
had a big brake kit with cross drilled and slotted rotors on my DD car back in the day and never had a problem either.

·
metallic
46 Posts
ive ahd the ss brakes kit in my truck for over a year maybe 2 by now nothing wrong at all and stops a whole lot better just waiting for stainless lines now.

·
metallic
46 Posts
you can see em in my sig^^

·
Registered
48 Posts
I had cross drilled and slotted rotors on my previous car for about 2 years (acura TL Type-S), never had an issue. I had cheapo ones on my Mustang I raced and they cracked after about 6 months, so I switched to Power Slot rotors and never had another problem.

·
SC 6.0
588 Posts
I've had cross drilled/slotted Baer brakes for almost 2 years now on my truck. Never had a problem. Only issue I have to deal is lots of brake dust. That and chrome wheels equal lots of time cleaning!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts