GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought the Skyjacker 3.5" block ubolt kit from Stylinconcepts and he assured me they replace the stock 2" block. I wanted to lift the rear 1.5" because I already put a leveling kit on and i want to keep the rake for towing/hauling.

I went to install it and the ublots are 3" too long and the angle on the blocks is 5 degrees which does't look right for 1.5" of lift. The direction say if there is a factory block to reuse.

Im pissed at Stylin and that I wasted my time and had to put it back to stock.

Should I just get a 1.5 or 2" with a 3 degree angle kit, it looks like they are all designed and angled to stack on the factory 2" block. I really don't think stacking is safe or looks good.

·
EMBRACE WHAT'S LEFT
3,487 Posts
it dont matter if the ubolts are to long grind off the ends if your worrieds
nto sure about the angles

·
GMFS Enforcer
3,568 Posts
I bought the Skyjacker 3.5" block ubolt kit from Stylinconcepts and he assured me they replace the stock 2" block. I wanted to lift the rear 1.5" because I already put a leveling kit on and i want to keep the rake for towing/hauling.

I went to install it and the ublots are 3" too long and the angle on the blocks is 5 degrees which does't look right for 1.5" of lift. The direction say if there is a factory block to reuse.

Im pissed at Stylin and that I wasted my time and had to put it back to stock.

Should I just get a 1.5 or 2" with a 3 degree angle kit, it looks like they are all designed and angled to stack on the factory 2" block. I really don't think stacking is safe or looks good.
Everything is fine with what you ordered. Every block I have seen 3" and taller has at least a 5* taper in them. You are not putting on 1.5" of lift, you are replacing a 2" lift with a 3.5" lift. You will need the taper to avoid driveline vibrations. Grind off the excess U-bolt sticking out passed the nut. It would have been to your benefit to ask about this BEFORE tearing in to your truck.

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
also, i am not sure why the directions state to stack blocks, but in the real world, that is a big no no. a single block is sketchy enough as it is.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was going to cut off the extra length off the ublots but the threads arent long enough. I run out of thread when titening them.

I was wondering on the angle because the factory 2" block is flat no angle so I am only adding 1.5"of lift if I replace the 2 with 3.5 block.

I have seen many lift kits suck as Superlift and CST that stack blocks to achieve their lift. Was wondering if anyone had stacked blocks if it looked ok and is safe to put a 1.5 or 2" block on the factory block. Every block kit I find made for the GM trucks says to stack on top of the factory block.

·
Banned
3,061 Posts
I was going to cut off the extra length off the ublots but the threads arent long enough. I run out of thread when titening them.

I was wondering on the angle because the factory 2" block is flat no angle so I am only adding 1.5"of lift if I replace the 2 with 3.5 block.

I have seen many lift kits suck as Superlift and CST that stack blocks to achieve their lift. Was wondering if anyone had stacked blocks if it lokked ok and is safe to put a 1.5 or 2" block on the factory block.
All the lifts Ive ever done with blocks you put the lift block between the factory block and the axle. Never a problem.

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
All the lifts Ive ever done with blocks you put the lift block between the factory block and the axle. Never a problem.
and you have done how many?

its never safe to stack blocks. blocks in general aren't a good idea, but stacking them is even worse. ever heard of axle wrap? taller blocks obviously help produce more, and if/when your u bolts stretch/loosen some, it can spit one block out. No matter how much you tighten down the u bolts, the blocks will tend to walk.

·
Banned
3,061 Posts
and you have done how many?

its never safe to stack blocks. blocks in general aren't a good idea, but stacking them is even worse. ever heard of axle wrap? taller blocks obviously help produce more, and if/when your u bolts stretch/loosen some, it can spit one block out. No matter how much you tighten down the u bolts, the blocks will tend to walk.
3 myself, helped out on 2 others. I know what axle wrap is but the lift kits said to stack the block on the factory one.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have seen many lifts that stack on top of the factory block. CST, superlift, skyjacker. I think I will just get the 1.5" superlift kit. Its made to stack on the stock block and is angled for 1.5" of lift and correct u bolts. Every 3.5 or 4" block I find has a larger angle that meant for a 3.5 and 4" lift.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts