GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
RIP Jason
4,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How difficult would it be to put in rear buckets inplace of the rear bench on a 00 ext cab? Right now i've spotted some really cheap 03 tahoe front buckets so i'd like to get those asap
I know custom brackets have to be made but anything else?

·
Registered
388 Posts
Sounds very cool, please have some pic's posted I might use your idea on mine. I've seen some ford's done in mag's but no chevy's (thought) S-10 or canyon type seats they are smaller,

·
RIP Jason
4,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that's what i was thinking too but i thought if you mounted them right up against the wall it would work. If not, the rear bucket seats from a hoe should work. A friend told me he saw the rear seats in the back of a truck in a magazine

·
why jonny ringo...
629 Posts
i saw one out of fiero, that had been trimmed down to fit, i think most will have to be trimmed. I cut mine, and have yet to work on welding it yet, taking a break i guess

·
professional smartass
5,589 Posts
it will work but i think you have use a small car front seat or fab some i have seen it done........a 89-90 turbo grand prix rear seats might work good or one of the later riveras

·
Registered
8,303 Posts
what about 02-04 trailblazer front buckets? or 94 and up s-10 truck or jimmy/blazer seats? I would think they would be a tad smaller than the tahoe seats, or maybe not quite as deep. I think all of the fullsize american trucks all have huge bucket seats, but maybe an import truck like a tacoma or a frontier might work.

I don't think anything would be an easy bolt on.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
The seat will probably fit, but good luck finding someone that can use it. there won't be any leg room.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
i have seen some bucket seats in a ext cab gmc

its a pewter one with some blue flames and has some diamond metal plate on the inside he just got a 03 front put on

i will see if i can find a pic

·
Registered
182 Posts
I saw a quad cab dakota once that had replaced all his seats with ones from a honda crx. it was pretty nice looking. Taking something out of a crx would probably work the best. I'd like to do something like this also and build a console that goes from front to back with subs in it. Maybe a cooler in the back side of it :) ....

I found a pic of one... The cab length is about the same as an extended cab just not as wide. (I had one before my silvy).

Attachments

·
I'll Take teh Case!
1,918 Posts
nafortin said:
I saw a quad cab dakota once that had replaced all his seats with ones from a honda crx. it was pretty nice looking. Taking something out of a crx would probably work the best. I'd like to do something like this also and build a console that goes from front to back with subs in it. Maybe a cooler in the back side of it :) ....

I found a pic of one... The cab length is about the same as an extended cab just not as wide. (I had one before my silvy).
That looks pretty decent in the rear, but the front seats look too small. Personally, I hate the small bucket seat (i.e. from like a Trans AM). They aren't very confortable. And I think someone mentioned Ext. Ranger seats? :LOL: Those are a joke! I hadn't seen any prior to today (my gf drives a ranger). I think the bench would better than that. Just my $0.02 though.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts