GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it finally happened, someone ran into my truck in a parking lot somewhere. Of course not even an Sorry Note. They ran into the left side of the rear bumper. Luckily no bed damage, but the bumper is slightly buckled near license plate/step and the left side is bent in within a couple of mm of the bed.

Anyways, has anyone replaced a NBS truck rear bumper with one from an Escalade SUV or from a cladded Avalanche. Are the brackets the same or are the truck brackets used instead of the SUV's?

·
I'll Take teh Case!
1,918 Posts
:think: I was thinking the same thing myself...I'd sure like to get rear ended so I could get a Denali bumper...but as far as fitting...you got me, but I think that would look sweet...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
BouncinsoulAFI said:
sir michaels has a solution for that, it's called time for a molded roll pan :anitoof:

To each for the look...but had it been rolled then I'd be looking at $1000 or two to fix the bed/tailgate as oppose to $250 or less for an eBay bumper. Yeah there's insurance, but still MY $250 deductable and with body damage knowing the truck would never be the same.

Well, it's looking like if the Escalade or cladded Avalanche bumper did fit that it would be an very rare look.

·
Line-X of San Antonio
5,237 Posts
there are 2 trucks running around the TX shows that have escalade rear bumpers. i have talked to the guys a few times cause i was planning on doing that swap at one time as well. the trucks with fleetside beds are considerably wider than the trucks with sportside beds and the SUVs. (the sportsides and SUVs use the same bumper) however, with all the cladding on the side of the escalade, the bumper is wider,and it actually works quote well on the fleetside, and looks like it should be there. you will need to do some work on the top section to make it work right and look good, as well as shave the backup sensor holes. im sure someone has a picture of the yellow and orange caddy clipped twins, if not, ill see if i can dig one up.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts