GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I was getting ready to do the dual piston rear caliper swap on my 03 silverado 1500 and ran into a problem. One of the new calipers I bought from Napa is threaded different than the other and my stock threads for my banjo bolt. I believe the stock threads are m10 - 1.0 27.5 MM long. The other caliper I think is M10 - 1.5 27.5 long (I can only find a ford banjo bolt to fit that). Not sure why this happened. The obvious fix is to return the one caliper but unfortunately I can't. What should I do?

·
2009 GMC Sierra ECSB Z71
4,791 Posts
Why can't you return it? Most part stores are forgiving if you've attempted to attach a part and need to return it. The exception is usually electrical items.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Why can't you return it? Most part stores are forgiving if you've attempted to attach a part and need to return it. The exception is usually electrical items.
My old rears were all oxidized and the fronts ones were rusty so like a genius I painted the new ones so they would look better longer. I'm pretty sure they won't accept it back now. It sucks too because I double checked all part numbers on the receipt and on the box with the parts online and both part numbers are supposed to have m10 - 1.0 threads, So they definitely put one in the wrong box.

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
Oreilly said they would take them back if I had painted them so I would def. try obv. it is the wrong one. The correct thread is M10 x 1.0 27.5 this is the correct bajo bolt and the calipers should be aluminum. Use the correct caliper and bolt with the correct torque setting I had nothing but problems with mine and found out the hard way.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oreilly said they would take them back if I had painted them so I would def. try obv. it is the wrong one. The correct thread is M10 x 1.0 27.5 this is the correct bajo bolt and the calipers should be aluminum. Use the correct caliper and bolt with the correct torque setting I had nothing but problems with mine and found out the hard way.
I will ask if they will take it back then. Yeah both rear calipers I received are aluminum and are identical except one takes a m10 - 1.0 and the other takes a m10 - 1.5. Even if they won't take it back I pretty much decided that I will just buy another rather than try to cobble a different bolt in there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts