GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I have a 2009 silverado ccsb with 49k miles on it it has a leveling kit and a body lift on it with 35 I blew a hole in the rear chunk any idea where to get a used one?? I'm so screwed

·
Registered
16 Posts
WHen you say blew a hole in it, do you mean in the cover. You should have it rebuilt. there are a bunch of places to get an entire used one though, but if you just gernaded one with under 50k on it, id suggest rebuilding and putting good parts and a good ratio for the 35s

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No I blew a hole in the side diff fluid is pouring out I'm going to check as many junk yards as I can just curious if anyone knows how much a jasper rear is?

·
This place sucks dicks
4,938 Posts
Out the side? Like diff fluid is coming out of your wheel?

You sure its diff fluid then?

·
This place sucks dicks
4,938 Posts
answer my question.......

How do you know its diff fluid?
How do you know your whole rear end is junk because of fluid leaking?

·
Yake is a Fgt
3,582 Posts
By "chunk" should we assume you mean the differential housing?

·
This place sucks dicks
4,938 Posts
A hole in the chunk. Mkay.

·
This place sucks dicks
4,938 Posts
He just wants new rear end. No reason to get him anything else. If indeed he has a whole in his pumpkin, then that's what he needs anyways.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
No need to be an ignorant ass I'm trying to find a way to fix it if there is a way to fix it or what I can swap into it I don't have 3 grand for a new one

·
GMFS Senior Member
4,032 Posts
You'll need to drill and tap the whole in your chunk, cut a bolt down, drill/tap that bolt, install with jb weld/lab metal cocktail(maybe some gasket maker for good measure), and you should be good to go.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts