GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well guys I went out and started buying some materials to make rear disk brake conversion brackets. The ones to the left that are painted are the ones I made, and the ones that are on the right are some that I bought from a company on ebay that has since gone out of business. I figured if anyone wants some, lemme know we can work out a trade of some stuff. The ones to the left are going out to DaPolice1 (James) but im going to start right in on making more sets.

I'm currently offering them for 80.00 plus 12.00 shipping or a trade of equal value. When they were on ebay, they went for 120.00 + 12.00 shipping.

Feedback is also welcome. Paint wasn't dry on the ones to the left, but they are now so they look MUCH better. :D

The reason the ones on the right that I bought on ebay have the paint peeling was because I painted them, but then used them for a pattern when using the plasma cutter, so the paint got on fire, and now just scraped off, and I felt no reason to paint them yet because im going to be making more sets. :crazy:

I also have LS1 motor mounts which I will let go for 50.00 per set plus 10.00 shipping.

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
Those look very nice...are they for a 10 bolt or what?? Im gonna be in the market for some 14 bolt stuff in the next few months.

·
Banned
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
RedneckDude said:
Those look very nice...are they for a 10 bolt or what?? Im gonna be in the market for some 14 bolt stuff in the next few months.
They will work for any 5 lug application -- 10, 12, 14 as long as they have the 5 lug axles. In my research, apparently there were two different 6 lug axles, so im not sure what you'd need to make it work for 6 lug, but im researching trying to figure it out.

When you buy the brackets, I will include for free a comprehensive sheet listing everything that you need for the conversion that I personally devised myself. :rocking:

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
shoot...im not gonna be runnin 5 lug on anything...maybe would run 6 lug on a 14 bolt if i could find the conversion cheap enough...just have to wait and see...

·
Banned
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
RedneckDude said:
shoot...im not gonna be runnin 5 lug on anything...maybe would run 6 lug on a 14 bolt if i could find the conversion cheap enough...just have to wait and see...
I've been doing some researching and rumor has it you can use the front rotors and calipers from an 88-98 truck and just put them on the back, but unfortunately I don't have the money to buy the stuff and see if ti works with my brackets. :bawl:

I will continue my research, but is anyone else itnerested?

·
Banned
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Matt said:
what is a ball park figure of the total cost of a disc conversion? is this something you could accomplish in a driveway? ive been wantin to do this for a while now.
Total price for a conversion without parking brake would be about 300.00

Total price for a conversion WITH parking brake would be about 400.00

This is definately something that can be done in your driveway. Plan on about a half a day assuming you have all the parts. :D

·
Banned
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
TTT

Rear Disk Brake Conversion Brackets

$80.00 + $12.00 Shipping= $92.00

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LS1 Engine Mounts

$50.00 + $10.00 Shipping= 60.00

·
My hero vvvvv
1,958 Posts
would you be willing to sell me just a printable template for the brackets for say a small fee, :worship:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts