GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever replace their rear (aluminum) driveshaft (99-06)? I was backing my truck off a trailer to get it aligned and the rear of the trailer kicked up and hit my driveshaft, creasing it:nono: . I now have to get a new one. The dude at the Chevrolet place said it would be between $200 and $1000. Pretty f-in ambiguous if you ask me. Anyone here replaced one?

·
Registered
807 Posts
go aftermarket...there stonger and there like $250 shipped i think i found one for(a one peice driveshaft) but i dont think gm made a factory 2 peice aluminum so im assuming yours is 1 peice...

·
Registered
505 Posts
I'm getting one made right now. Its being made out of steel instead of aluminum and is going to cost me around $250.

·
Team White!
446 Posts
not sure where you are in illinois, but when i had one made for my third gen camaro, a local shop in Peoria did mine for $95. i can look up the name if its not too late

·
Green Team!!!
638 Posts
i had mine custom made by remkeys garage in illinois it cost me 550 for a 1/8" all aluminum they said i could not run steel due to the length w/o a carrier bearing

·
Mile High
3,080 Posts
I'm having a local shop build one for my tahoe, $140 for a beefy steel shaft with new d/s u joints :D Look around and I'm sure you can find a place that will do it cheaper, I'm getting mine from the smae place that does all the customer shafts for my customer's lifted applications.

·
Registered
505 Posts
I'm having mine made at Wherry's in Bloomington.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts