GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's the best rear airbag leveling kit for me to use with a 6" flipped rear axle and a c-notch?

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
SITNLO said:
What's the best rear airbag leveling kit for me to use with a 6" flipped rear axle and a c-notch?
I've seen them for like $180 .. thats no air system though. Might want to ask 1buda, I'm pretty sure I've seen him mention he has a helper system on his rear suspension.

·
Orale Homes....
1,796 Posts
I used to have the Air Lift Slam Air. I had an 8" drop out back and it worked pretty good. You don't really need an air management kit if you just plan on using it for towing. You can just use the shrader valves that come with the kit and air it up to tow.....

·
GMFS Senior OG Member
3,511 Posts
bcubed said:
I've seen them for like $180 .. thats no air system though. Might want to ask 1buda, I'm pretty sure I've seen him mention he has a helper system on his rear suspension.
I have no problems with my Air Lift SlamAir helper air bags. It also rides really smooth no hardh ride. Summit Racing does carry them. If you want I can get you the p/n for the correct kit for a 6" drop. Summit does have a kit advertised for a 2" - 7" drop do not buy this kit cause it will not work, the bags are to small even for a 6" drop you will need taller bags.

Let me know if you need any help.

·
GMFS Senior OG Member
3,511 Posts
DAGOAT said:
I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY DO YOU NEED IT DO I NEED ONE WITH A STATIC 5-6 DROP :insane:
Drew there's no need to yell. LOL
Some ppl and myself use their truck to tow and haul stuff around. You really don't need one. But it's nice to put an extra bit of stiffness back there to cure your ass end from dragging, then when your done let the presure out back to your normal ride height.

·
Loves yoga pants
2,412 Posts
SITNLO said:
Will the Airlift Slam Air 59106BT work on my 2000?
I think the BT on that part number is designed to work with the Belltech C-notch. I can't remember off the top of my head which Airlift kit I have, but I do remember that we had to modify the location of the parking brake cable to keep it from rubbing the bags. I also have my bags located to the rear of the axle...not thre front as recommended because of rubbing problems that we were afraid of by the brake cable.

·
Registered
67 Posts
OK my Bad I thought I still had the Box. :nono:

But what I do have is www.got20s.com and thats where I bought them from. I remember telling them I had a DJM 4/6 NBS and they said these would work good. And they did ,but as OKLAGMCRUISER said on the Drivers side you will have to move the E Brake cable around a bit. :bowtie: Hope this helps :anitoof:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts