GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All right guys...I remember reading some of the postings about the 03-04 Chevy/GMC Ext Cab rear seats not folding down, but nothing mentioned how to get them to fold down and then lock back up again. Did you guys modify those hooks on the back? If the seat is not in the hooks, the seat just wants to flop down. I installed some amps behind the seats, and it kinda sucks that I can't even show them off. Any ideas? Appreciate any info!

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
yea it would... but i can't imagine it doing it like the OBS trucks did. I'd like to see it, since i have a custom amp rack built...

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
99redsilv said:
mine doesnt flop down even in a hard stop.. I just loosened the nuts lifted the back out of the hooks and retightened them.
I wonder if things changed with the NBS. Doesn't the hooks on the seat rattle against the rear cab latch?

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm going to work with someone I know that is a welder and craftsman. I've got some ideas in mind to weld a latch mechanism in place of the seat hooks. I want to do this right away...so I'll keep you posted.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts