GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I’ve got a 2000 GMC Sierra and the rear folding seat folds up and down fine but no longer locks into place in the down position. It’s stays down on its own but you can just pull it up and it goes up without pulling the straps. I didn’t know if this is a safety issue which needs to be fixed or not and cannot find anything online about how to fix it. Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
My son now drives my 2004 Tahoe and he asked me about this same issue the other day. We went out and looked at it and mechanically everything seemed to be fine except that a couple of the levers you pull seemed to be very sticky. I grabbed a can of Tri flow silicon spray and basically sprayed each joint that locks/ unlocks the seat into different positions and also the lever that you pull to remove the seat entirely .. it worked great the seats latched in correctly like they should and we’re easily unlatched to remove. I’m not entirely sure if silicone spray is the best thing to use but I had some laying around and figured I would give it a quick shot to see if it would work. Maybe WD-40 is another good option. I noticed hat the springs near each latching area were fairly gummed up and not moving freely so that was where I started .. sprayed them and then used the lever multiple times to help break up the debris/ gunk in there. Hope this helps!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts