GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope this hasn't been answered before, if so Im sorry. I just installed a 4/6 drop on my truck in sig. I did a Mcgaughy's flip kit in the rear and added a 1" lifting shackle to get to 6 inches. The thing is that the shackle is too wide in the stock hanger and the inside of the shackle is rubbing on the inside of the stock hanger. I could put the stock shackle back on but I really don't want a 7 inch drop. Here are some pics
DSCN0621.jpg

DSCN0623.jpg

DSCN0620.jpg

DSCN0627.jpg

·
Registered
8,312 Posts
The lift shackle should come with a new bolt to prevent that but most of the time it doesnt help much. I'd just get some air shocks or helper bags if you want it an inch higher.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The lift shackle should come with a new bolt to prevent that but most of the time it doesnt help much. I'd just get some air shocks or helper bags if you want it an inch higher.
Well it isn't just the bolt that is hitting, it is the shackle itself. I do have helper bags but has anyone ran helper bags and air shocks?

·
Registered
8,312 Posts
Ahh i c. Just air up the helper bags. No need for air shocks. 20 psi should get you up an inch.

I bought some lift shackles awhile ago and the previous owner had to grind some of the sides down to get them to stop rubbing. Still wouldnt fit my truck tho and i dont know how much the strength of the shackle was affected.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
yes its common, and on longer/drop shackles they put more leverage on the hanger and overtime will snap the hanger esp if you offroad it or have a stiff ride.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
im actually shocked this happened. Is this common?
:think: I am sensing a bit of sarcasm in your post..... like I said, im sorry if this has already been answered. Why would board vendors sell me a shackle that doesn't fit my truck?

·
Registered
8,312 Posts
I really dont see any other way how they could make it fit better..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts