GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
submarine z71
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anybody know of any companies that sell just rear lifts that drops the rear shackles so u can get more lift while keepin the stock springs?

im not sure if i worded that right
but heres what i mean

see how its longer so u get more lift?

and is this a reliable way to lift, or would it just be better to do new leafs?

also i hear about shackle flips, how much lift do u gain, and how do you do it?

·
EMBRACE WHAT'S LEFT
3,487 Posts
I had a guy tell me you could get more lift with longer shocks:think: I know you cant:rofl2:

·
TEAM FUEL MOTORSPORTS
7,892 Posts
For the fullsize truck ORD has a 4" shackle flip that can be combined with your stock springs to yield 4" of lift. The longer shackles like you pictures work on the smaller S-series trucks, but not the fullsize pickups.

·
NCOR
8,449 Posts
You're rear suspension uses tension style shackles unlike the compression style you posted. You'd need a shackle flip for it to work, but from what I hear you can get a 1" lift shackle for your curret setup though the shackle is all of like 2"s long.

Ive got a set of lowering shackles sitting in the garage that Im going to plate and box the back of and use to lift help the shackle anlge and length Ive got in the back. Many people do this, though I don't like the thin material all the drop shackles are made form.

There is an ultimate limit to a safe shackle length and IMO its about 7"s.

·
submarine z71
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
oh
i thought cognito made lifts that lengthen the rear shackle to gain about 10"
but i must have remembered wrong or misread somethin

·
Bayou Surface Drive, LLC
7,077 Posts
You need to shackle flip frisrt before anything, if you get a longer shackle as is now you will lower your truck, think about this and go look at your rear setup, when you figure it out then post.

·
4,725 Posts
Shackle flip is a great rear lift solution, just be in mind that the labor is far greater than a set of blocks, add a leafs, or new leaf springs.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts