GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
California Castaway
9,402 Posts
12" travel would work best :imo

thats what i have in the back with the 4" block and has plenty of travel.

back026.jpg

fox008.jpg

·
Registered
6,133 Posts
id say a 12" travel shock also. Will you have custom mounts so that changes yours a little but I think he has a bigger block so that would work fine

·
California Castaway
9,402 Posts
wouldn't i need more travel because of the bigger lift?
no mine has plenty of extra, im probably at slightly too big so you should be fine.

·
Banned
4,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
6" block or something like that. how much did you pay for those? i'm looking on ebay and $280 a shock? :shocked:

·
Banned
4,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
to bad ur in such a shitty CL area, i got my rear ones $200 for the pair brand spanking new
yea it sucks! on a side note how the fuck do you bend a shock? when i took my rear end out i noticed the passenger side shaft is bent pretty bad and doesn't even go in.

·
California Castaway
9,402 Posts
^ that or maybe a rock hit it

·
California Castaway
9,402 Posts
Fox or go home

·
Candy Corn Harvester...
6,656 Posts
on a side note how the fuck do you bend a shock? when i took my rear end out i noticed the passenger side shaft is bent pretty bad and doesn't even go in.
i know a couple guy who bent some, i think they get fucked up by the winter and seize up and then you hit a bump and one side flexes and bends the other, unless you didn't run them in the winter.

seem overpriced brah.
for sure, just to get destroyed bump the salt, unless you wanna swap out shocks before winter, sounds like BS to me, but i'd do it to run fox's i guess, well maybe

·
GMFS Military Member
10,899 Posts
Run Bilsteins man. Are the mounts on the 14bolt different from the 10 bolt? I haven't looked :eek:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts