GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so, what does everyone do with the odd crappy speakers in the rear of the extended cab. do they make really good speakers in that size or do i need to try to find a way to fit better. i have audiobahn component in the front and some crappy cheapo speakers in the back, but they already blew, i would like to put some components in but i dont know where to get really good speakers that size

2000 ecsb

·
Never Satisfied
114 Posts
they make some pretty decent speakers in that size, 4x6. i have a set of jbl power series for sale if your interested?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah, pm me with the specs on the jbl's and price and such. i am interested. as far as the 5.25 i guess you had to cut or what, how did you do it.

·
YUH
7,600 Posts
yeah i did. i had to cut like a half inch out of the rear openings with tin snips. i just did it in a half moon shape and they fit fine.

0205071648.gif

0205071649.gif

the tweeter looks like its off but its actually pointing straight into the cab. there is also a 8x6 peice of abs plastic screwed into the speaker opening to keep everything secure and somewhat create a "box" for the speaker.

·
Registered
8,260 Posts
y not just fade the music up to your front stage since you are running components anyway. You should get nice sound out of just your front stage

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
cool cool, i dont know if i want to do the 4x6 or the 5.25, i have never really liked the 4x6's and i would like to do component but haveing the JBl in the back would probably be pretty good too.

i dont know i just cant decide:insane:

·
GM FOREVER
724 Posts
I have 4x6 Infinity component plates in my rear doors for like 4 years now and they sound awesome.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts