GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are the pre 99 and 99-02 rear springs interchangable? My dad is selling his truck and has a 6" lift rear spring that I'd like to swap him for my stocker and block. I tried searching and popped up with no help. I currently have the stock spring, a 4" block and what appears to be another 2" block. From what I recall, that's a big no no if you do any wheelin.

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
64", bolt is at 32'' both ways

·
Registered
446 Posts

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
8,527 Posts
Iirc as long as it's 63".
64", bolt is at 32'' both ways
OBS springs are 63" bolt is centered. NBS springs are 64", bolt is centered. OBS springs are more thinner leafs while NBS are fewer thicker leafs. That 1" length difference is not a big deal, you can swap them if you want, although the axle may be 1/2" farther forward, again not a big deal.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm guessing OBS is Old Body Style and NBS is New Body Style? Otherwise I have no idea what your talking about hahaha

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OBS springs are 63" bolt is centered. NBS springs are 64", bolt is centered. OBS springs are more thinner leafs while NBS are fewer thicker leafs. That 1" length difference is not a big deal, you can swap them if you want, although the axle may be 1/2" farther forward, again not a big deal.
Definitely moved it forward. I got it on yesterday I'll post pics. I got new rims/tires too. This thing is looking sweet now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts