GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
BadAss83C10 said:
does/has anyone have/had any experiance either building or installing a pro street rear subframe.... heres the website... http://www.google.com/catalogs?dq=&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&safe=off&issue=25519&catpage=25 Its the bottom image. Also....what would be the best guts to fill that ford 9" housing with.....
Are you planning on runnin 800 HP? If not, you probably don't need anything that extreme ... these are some pictures of a guys truck I talk with and I'm doing mine similar (want my shocks out further though and a big notch). You can see he just cut the frame rails and moved them in, nice and simple. Even simpler some guys move the leaf springs inside the frame and can fit about a 12" wide wheel, my wheels are 14" wide out back. As for rear end, Currie makes some good stuff.

subframe1.gif

subframe2.gif

subframe3.gif

subframe4.gif

subframe5.gif

·
Buck Nekkid
50 Posts
BadAss83C10 said:
whats the little head lice face for :D :p
I narrowed the backhalf of a 66 chevy pickup. I have an extra set of S&W universal frame rails from another project that I would let go. Shipping wouldn't be that bad. :drunk:

I know a guy that flipped hangers on a 73-87 after he boxed the frame rails. I think he had an 18.5 tire under it.

Strange is another good place for 9" guts. Quick Performance in Ames would be able to set you up if need be.

·
Drag Racer!
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
rodzzilla....when this gets closer to happening.....would you be willing to come up here and help me with the project....if i buy ya a hotel room and whatever since you have experiance with this sort of modification.....i would REALLY appreciate it

1 - 7 of 7 Posts