GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
GolfnBeer
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
question: Has anybody installed a rear anti-sway bar and how hard is it to install and were does it mount at exactly??????I have heard the truck handles alot better but sometimes they squeak. I just got off the phone with autobauhn and they want 179.00 for the rear, is it worth the money?

·
Registered
46 Posts
christayse said:
question: Has anybody installed a rear anti-sway bar and how hard is it to install and were does it mount at exactly??????I have heard the truck handles alot better but sometimes they squeak. I just got off the phone with autobauhn and they want 179.00 for the rear, is it worth the money?

what kind of truck? I just installed one on mine.

VERY easy to install. it will transform your truck IMHO.

·
03 Tahoe
1,364 Posts
Like said, they are cake to install. They can squeak but that is the poly bushings not the bar itself. If you ever replace your stock front bar bushings with poly bushings they could squeak as well. A little lithium grease can fix it. They do help a lot....worth getting IMO.

Cameron

·
Registered
46 Posts
usually its the bushing the squeaks. You must grease the bushing before installing. skipping that step will cause squeaks for sure. bars like the hellwig we carry comes with bushings and new droplinks.

for comparison, the stock rear bar on my truck weighed 9 lbs. The hellwig I just installed weighed 28.5 lbs.....

let me know if you have any other questions.

·
GolfnBeer
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hey thanks alot the grease makes since and I will probably go with the helwig sway bars thanks again.....

·
GolfnBeer
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
nice site, there cheaper than autobauhn... I have never seen that site lil devil motorsport and I have looked at every site in the truckin magazine thanks again....

·
Registered
46 Posts
christayse said:
nice site, there cheaper than autobauhn... I have never seen that site lil devil motorsport and I have looked at every site in the truckin magazine thanks again....
Thanks. I am the owner of Lil Devil. We actually have our 1st color ad coming out in Truckin' magazine in a few months.

As I mentioned before, I do offer discounts to members here so just drop me a PM and i will do my best to save you guys some $$$.

Also, if you don't see it, just ask. Other members here will tell you that I have access to hundreds of manufacturers and can order those hard to find parts....

:head:

·
GolfnBeer
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well thats nice to see someone who cares thanks ..quick question I just ran outside and looked under my truck and I dont have a rear sway bar??? Is there a mounting place on my truck...I have a gmc 2wd reg. cab sierra. By the way I like your site...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts