GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Line-X of San Antonio
5,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im fixing to do a 2/4 drop on an 04 ext. sb soon. the guy im doing it for wants to get a sway bar in the back... has anyone seen or heard of one? he said something about a stillen sway bar kit. i havent had time to look. anyone have any suggestions?

·
Banned
164 Posts
Hotchkis, but you have to order both front and rear at the same time.
I have them and they kick ass with the 2/4 drop...holy shit it handles well :rocking:

I've also heard of Hellwig which is alot cheaper, but every guy I talked to on various forums said they keep coming loose or something and they have to keep retorquing the bolts and regreasing them because they squeek.

I've also heard of guys with the Hotchkis sways getting squeeky, but not me :rocking:

·
Banned
164 Posts
I got my set used for $400 shipped.
Brand new you're looking at $475-up...not including shipping.
Yea I know, they're expensive, but you get what you pay for I always believed. I didn't want to go the cheap route.
These things are fuckin HEAVY too...so shipping will be a bitch I'm sure..
Any truck website that sells suspension parts will have them.
www.truckperformance.com
www.hotchkis.net
www.tbyrne.com
www.projectrwear.com

·
Line-X of San Antonio
5,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Golfboy26 said:
Hey Lowred I have one ...Hotchkis for dropped ass's
Brand new...never installed...all hardware... :naughty:

Kyle
no shit? damn... this dude is dead set on a stillen... i told him about 375 just like on that link above... he said hes gonna order the stillen. what brand is yours and what do you want for it?

·
Registered
50 Posts
mine is a Hotchkis. I really don't know about the differences in the 99-02 vs. the 03-04's I would assume the rear is the same. I paid 550 for the complete set front and rear and would take $300 for it.

Kyle

·
Line-X of San Antonio
5,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Golfboy26 said:
mine is a Hotchkis. I really don't know about the differences in the 99-02 vs. the 03-04's I would assume the rear is the same. I paid 550 for the complete set front and rear and would take $300 for it.

Kyle
damn... this guy found that rear only for 2 something.... i tried to tell him aobut the stock ones being hollow... he didnt care... he just wants one in the back....ill see what he wants to do. if i had a use, id prolly get one.

·
Registered
50 Posts
if you are low...(and red) and you don't already run one, they really do make a hell of a difference.

No wait..your actually a 4X4 huh? you already have one...

Kyle

·
Line-X of San Antonio
5,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Golfboy26 said:
if you are low...(and red) and you don't already run one, they really do make a hell of a difference.

No wait..your actually a 4X4 huh? you already have one...

Kyle
:LOL: yeah, i heard they do... but i dont see needing one. this truck isnt setup to handle well. i dont really care about that.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
I had Hellwig bars on the front and rear of my 95, and I never had a problem with the bolts coming loose or squeaking. If he just wants the rear, and wants to do it cheap, Hellwig would be OK, I got mine for like $120. To me, Stillen has always been over priced.

Ultimately, I would suggest the matched set of Hotchkis bars, that will be one of my next mods.

·
Line-X of San Antonio
5,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
ended up with a hellwig swaybar... i didnt choose it or buy it, but i can say, it is badass. i didnt like the install, but i do like the handling.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts