GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Yes, I do...
4,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It looks like I'll end up with ~$1200 from the insurance company. From that I need to buy a sub/box, sub amp, 4 channel amp for my comps and rear plates, and a head unit.

I know its asking quite a bit, but I'm hoping ya'll know of some good deals and can help me out with some reccomendations. I'd like to stick with a 2DIN dvd player for the deck. Fire away.

·
Registered
3,278 Posts

·
Yes, I do...
4,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Anyone? I'm thinkin a 10" that works well without much airspace, and amp to compliment that, and a nice 4ch.

·
Dem People
5,664 Posts
Buttespade's Panasonic double din would be your best inexpensive quality option for a head unit IMO.

10" Kicker Comp VR and a 300.1 amp. Orangesuburban has a 600.1 for sale for cheap. You could always get that and turn the gain down in case you ever wanted to add another sub.

My Kicker 250.4 sounds awesome on my high's and was fairly cheap also.

·
Yes, I do...
4,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
isn't there a company that makes a box/sub combo that fits into the fullsize console? For some reason I can't think of the name of it. Those any good? I'm thinking about swapping to the full console anyway, so this could be a good opportunity to get some legroom back.

·
Dem People
5,664 Posts
JL makes a stealthbox and it comes with the JL W3 I believe.

·
Stay Gold!!!!
6,522 Posts
The first rip-off isn't enough to make you want an alarm? I'd buy that first. With that budget, I wouldn't worry about an in-dash monitor or double-din. Just get a nice basic head unit like the Alpine CDA-9856 or 9857 (or whatever replaces them this year). That'll give you more money for better components and amps.

I'm actually gonna sell all my Kicker stuff pretty soon. I just haven't had time to get out and take pics of all of it. SX amps, SS components, and 2 10L7s. About $3,000 worth for a price pretty close to your budget. PM me if you want more details.

·
Snooby Doo
1,378 Posts
shallow mount kicker sub
http://cgi.ebay.com/2007-KICKER-CVT...ryZ39772QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem

my kx600.1 for $150 shipped

and its not a dvd player or a double din, but i also have a panasonice 8301u that was a pimp lil deck for $135 shipped

i would do $275 shipped for the pair..

thats less then $450 assuming you build your own box, that leaves you a chunk of change for a 4 channel amp. if you like it to match like i do then check ebay for some KX series 4 channels they should be dirt cheap.

(mods, sorry if this crosses some lines as far as selling my shit in someones thread, you can remove my prices if so.)

·
Yes, I do...
4,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I don't need to buy new comps, I have a buddy hooking me up with the same infinity comps I had been running.

And I do have an alarm, I just need to invest in some battery back up and extra siren since these fucks snipped wires on me.

·
Stay Gold!!!!
6,522 Posts
I don't need to buy new comps, I have a buddy hooking me up with the same infinity comps I had been running.

And I do have an alarm, I just need to invest in some battery back up and extra siren since these fucks snipped wires on me.
Good idea. I guess I did'nt read that close enough about the components.

·
Wanna B Jack o all Trades
9,823 Posts
Good idea. I guess I did'nt read that close enough about the components.
he called me out in the first thread, first post about it, lol

·
Wanna B Jack o all Trades
9,823 Posts
well so many peeps on here dont have one and wonder why they got all 2k worth of stuff ripped off. At least you took step one to protect it and keep it

·
Yes, I do...
4,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
a lot of good it did me :lol:

Oh well, live and learn. I guess if you are going to have something nice you have to pack heat and sleep in it.

On with the suggestions please!

I'd love to hear some ideas you have scott, and chance you can hook me up on a BB discount? ;)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts