GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 370 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Rebuilding a old cover truck form the late 90's. UPDATED 6/30/2004 NEW PICS

Alright guys here is my new thread to keep everyone updated and to let every one know what is going on!!

As most of you kow I sold the dually in my sig, it was sad day indeed. But the new project will be much better I promise.

Background:

The dually I now own is 1993 model that was once owned by a guy named Jerry in South Caroline I believe. Truck is currently bagged, body dropped, and shaved. He had all the work done to it and it showed for many years. Around 2000 it fell off the face of the earth. I found it sitting in a guys back yard 40 miles from my house. I picked it up for a small price and I am now rebuilding it from the ground up. Truck is trashed, fenders are busted and cracked, AIr system is all junk(1/4" bags, 3/8" line), rear setup is air over leaf, front needs redoing, interior is stained real bad. All in all it will be a top to bottom rebuild with nothing spared.

Plans:

All this besides paint will be taking place in my 20 x 30 shop at my house!!!

-Reshave entire truck(pics below)
-Entire new suspension:
--1/2" SLam Specialty bags
--1/2" GC Extreme 450 Valves (8)
--1/2" line and fittings
--Dakota Digital Guages
--Triangulated 4-link with Canti bag mounts
-Custom Paint
-2004 GMC Seirra Front clip
-19" and 22" Direct Bolt on Wheels from brentzwheels.com
-New interior
--Katzkin Leather
--4 Buckets
--All JL Audio Equipment
-More to come

Pictures:

As it was back in 1999
[/IMG]

How it will be by late 2004

Work pics:

Shaving Passenger side (6/26/2004)

Bed in need of repair

Rear Air over leaf setup

Stay tuned for updates as work occurs

·
Later, Tony
7,265 Posts
damn Chad, that looks like it will be a big project! Only thing I would change from your rendering is making the bumper fit on without that big black filler piece:imo I'll be looking forward to the updates:head:

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
very nice boilermaker, i cant wait to see this truck, i loved seeing your old truck and the shows.

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
i'd shave the lights on top of the cab too, i thikn they look kindof out of place with everything else shaved... like the mirrors and what not. But it if it looks like that when ur done, u'll have one badass truck:rocking:

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
2k1slvrdo said:
i'd shave the lights on top of the cab too, i thikn they look kindof out of place with everything else shaved... like the mirrors and what not. But it if it looks like that when ur done, u'll have one badass truck:rocking:
That rendering is the first one. Still waiting to get finished one back. I'm not shaving the mirrors, just not there right now. As far as cab lights, I feel that is wht makes a dually badass. So they are staying.

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
you gonna go with subs in the bed? or are u gonna cover up the whole in the back of the cab? I can't wait to see it done... and i personally like the cab running lights, but i'd definitely have to pass on the mirrors...

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Unsure about interior. I just no I hate cut throughs and teh whole is being welded up.Picked up the donor back wall cab today. I hope to start welding in the new section tonight.

·
Premium Member
836 Posts
I like the HD front end, but how about grafting the wheel well from the OBS so it'll match the rear.

Looked shaved in the pic from 99. What's up, was the work not up to par?

Keep up the good work, should be bad ass.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
I've always loved that truck. Don't see too many body dropped diesels, that makes it cool! That thing is gonna be bad ass.

·
Line-X of San Antonio
5,237 Posts
damn! that is gonna be as sweet if not sweeter than the one you sold! i LOVED that dually!

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks for the kind words guys!!! Last night I got the driver side shaved, so we are now ready to move onto motor and tranny install this weekend. The orginal Diesel is no where to be found, I bought the truck minus the motor. SO I am going back with a built 500Hp small block and a 4l80 Tranny.

Yukon Cornelius said:
Looked shaved in the pic from 99. What's up, was the work not up to par?

Keep up the good work, should be bad ass.
It was but it was done with bondo and body panel adhesive, no welding. So the patch panels seperated and started showing real bad. I had to go back and redo everything.

·
Banned
59 Posts
Boiler,

who did the HD front end for you on the last truck? Did you do it yourself? That idea seems really tempting on my SBSC, but im not sure as if im up to par for the fabricating. Did you buy 99+ fenders and graft them halfway sorta thing into the 88-98's? or can you explain some if you know how it was done. :worship:

BTW: GREAT progress pics thus far. :ninja:

1 - 20 of 370 Posts