GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Haven't posted or been on this site much lately. Things have been busy on all fronts. Work, home, the toy collection etc.. but the mods continue.

I decided to redo the system in the truck after noticing the lows weren't hitting as tight as they should. So out with the old and in with the new.

20140727_162400_zps35dc70e4.jpg

now running one PDX 1000 to each woofer. Upgraded the capacitor and added an epicenter for good measure.

20140727_173215_zps1c66023c.jpg

Also upgraded the head unit. Very user friendly,

20140801_113733_zps7a691d9f.jpg

All of the work was done at the house. Big thanks to Henry from Audio Factory for agreeing to fly out and redoing the system.

20140801_102643_zpsa9b78883.jpg

running focal mids and tweets and an Alpine center channel speaker in the console. The system sounds amazing. ;-)

Going to have the system in the 2011 done up to sound as good as this as well. Basic difference is no cutout in bed and cab on the 2011. But it will still sound amazing as well.

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
The capacitor is hurting you. Switch it out for a battery

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The capacitor is hurting you. Switch it out for a battery
I have a Stinger battery too. System sounds really good. Bit of overkill for a daily driver but why not.

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
I have a Stinger battery too. System sounds really good. Bit of overkill for a daily driver but why not.
i still suggest removing the cap. Its doing you no good. Its worse to have a cap than nothing at all

And nothing is overkill for daily, its never enough in my opinion

·
Goin' Up
2001 Silverado
143 Posts
Noice blowthrough, do you have a write up on it?

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Sorry I haven't been on here as often.

Thanks for the comment(s).

Sorry no write up. What are / were you looking for? Specifications? the truck had a nice set up when I purchased it. It was running 4 12" RF P2s (I think). I switched to Alpine pros and all Focal mids and tweets. What a difference.

I'm happy with the end result. I believe I'm ready to move onto and work on the 2011 next.

18 Posts
i still suggest removing the cap. Its doing you no good. Its worse to have a cap than nothing at all

And nothing is overkill for daily, its never enough in my opinion

Lol at that system being overkill, I'm running a sa8v2 and a vfl100.1 in the gmc and am about to swap it for 3 sa15s on a saz2500v2 and am already thinking about what's gonna replace the sa's and they're not even in yet, and this is my quiet truck. Don't make me get started on the loud one.....

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
Lol at that system being overkill, I'm running a sa8v2 and a vfl100.1 in the gmc and am about to swap it for 3 sa15s on a saz2500v2 and am already thinking about what's gonna replace the sa's and they're not even in yet, and this is my quiet truck. Don't make me get started on the loud one.....
Agreed. I'm working in a 4th Oder wall with 2 sa15s. Not close to being done and I'm already planing on what's going in after.

·
Goin' Up
2001 Silverado
143 Posts
noob question... but what makes it a 4th order or 6th order??? [MENTION=41221]Nasty[/MENTION]

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
4th and 6th order is a type of band pass. So you will understand a 4th order is basically a sealed box attathched to a ported box and a 6th order is a ported box built inside another ported box. 2 differant tuning. 4th orders are a bit difficult to design and get right and I won't even attempt to design a 6th. To hard for me

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nicely done [MENTION=13958]Dropped Fullsize[/MENTION] !!!
Thanks. I'm enjoying the heck out of it. I'm glad I decided to upgrade. ;-) The 2011 will get the same sound minus the bed blowthrough.

I'll post up those pics and write up when I get it done er, when I get to go back home long enough to get it done.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Looks damn good!

·
Come at me bro
204 Posts
Looks damn good, I just recently ran into two W7's 12's from a friend for a great price. I want to do something like this the same way. A write up would be awesome.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts