GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
srb88042 said:
no just a surround sound for a television, ive got like 36 inch sony trintron
Ah, I read it wrong, I thought it said Home Studio .. lol.

I always like to get the same brands, so the remotes have a better chance of being the same .... with that said though, I have a RCA vcr, dvd and home theater and still have to use all 3 damn remotes :nono:

·
layin big rubber
1,457 Posts
some bose speakers, maybe never cerwin vega or jbl

i have some bose 901's on the fronts, cerwin vega center channel, and jbl for the rear and a khl 12 for the powered sub that i got at costco

cerwin vega was around $100, the jbl's around a $100 also, and the khl sub was i think $90

i tihnk i paid around $350 for the speakers mins the fronts, lol

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
srb88042 said:
haha do you guys have any good ideas for a complete system?
The sale on most of these things ends Tomorrow.

Circuit City has a 420 Watt Sony for sale for $199, model SON HTDDW660 .. I used your city, state when I looked on Circuit City (no DVD). This may or may not work http://www.circuitcity.com/detail.jsp?oid=89605&WT.mc_n=85&c=1&b=g&u=c&WT.mc_t=I

You can get a Sony Progressive Scan DVD player for another $79 or any other brand.

Or if you already have a DVD, I suggest upgrading the subwoofer if you had the money, they have a MTX 12" powered subwoofer for $199 that I have heard and is real nice. http://www.circuitcity.com/detail.jsp?c=1&b=g&u=c&catoid=-8023&qp=0086032000827&oid=81414&m=0

Best Buy has the Sony Home Theater for about the same. They have a Sony 12" Subwoofer for $199, my friend has it and it sounds nice ... for most people I think you can get by with a Home Theater in a box setup, but the sub always lacks .. so I always like to spend more money on another sub. If you are lucky and the sub that comes with the Home Theater in a box is powered you can use it on another tv off the rear av outputs. :rocking:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts