GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys,

right now ive got the shallow mount pioneers and their a good sub...but i'd like a little seating room back and already have a dual 10" downfiring sub box....what would you guys reccomend thats a good sub?

I listen to every kind of music and when it comes to rap...i do like alot of bass. I was reccomended the alpine type-r's by a couple of shops around here, ive had their 15" type-r in a super bandpass and it was a really loud sub...but a sealed downfiring box in a reg cab is a completely different vehicle.

cliffs: listen to every type of music, like alot of bass when it comes to rap, dual 10" downfiring box, looking for sometin in the $600 for both subs, but would spend a little more if its a superior sub. Each sealed compartment has 1.0cu/ft avaiable.

Thanks,
Dave

·
professional grade
2,999 Posts
what amp are you running, whats your mounting depth?

Even though I dont know those answers, I'm going to recommend kicker compVRs.

·
Wanna B Jack o all Trades
9,823 Posts

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Amp...doesn't really matter, right now ive got a 700w RMS at 2 ohms amp....like to stick with it simply because its less money outta my pocket.

mounting depth is, well i dunno i dont have a tape on me at the moment...but it fit the P2 rockford fosgates if it gives you an idea...which is 5 5/8"

Dave

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
are they actually a good sub? ive had some kickers before and they were badass, but the compVR's seem kinda cheap lookin and priced compared to other brands...

·
professional grade
2,999 Posts
IMO for your application, and the amp you have, its a perfect sub. I would have said the new compVXs, but your amp wont power 2 of them. But I dunno, I cant see spending 600$ on 2 subs that are 350-400rms :shrug:

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well what better stuff is out there? if say i would be willing to upgrade my amp and didnt have a budget factor for the subs?

Dave

·
Registered
861 Posts
Kicker S10L7's if you have a good 1000 watt amp and 1.0 airspace per sub. If you stick with the CompVR, get a good 600 watt amp. You will lose some output, but they will hit hard enough for 90% of the people/music you like. If you want more output, find a ported/vented box. If you want more tight bass, sealed is the way to go. I just picked up a CompVR 12 for my wifes Benz, gonna run a Fosgate 300 watt amp in the trunk. Beleive it or not, they are a good cheap subwoofer. I play the heck out of them, and for 80.00 shipped, they sound great.

·
Wheel On'
1,414 Posts
some Treo's :head:

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
There's so many companies that make awesome fuckin subs....CVX seems to fit my bill with my wide variety of music and bump....

Another question....

Would the ZX1250.1 be alright? on kickers website with (2) dual 4 ohm subs its the amp they reccomend for 1 ohm operation....

Opinions?

·
professional grade
2,999 Posts
they dont make a zx1250.1, you're looking at the SX1250.1 which is a waste IMO. Either go ZX1000.1 or ZX1500.1 and run in 2ohm. But if you went with the 1500.1 you'd just have to turn the gain down a hair.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts