GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could Someone please explain the whole deal behind recentering old H1 beadlocks. Do u have to buy em then send em to be recentered or does a company like stazworks for example have them stocked and can just recenter them and then ship them to you. kinda lost here.

·
The Green Seal
3,721 Posts
you beet me to it dusty

im gettin mine done at CEOffroad which is in Conroe, Texas, ive seen a few good reviews from them and just recently a guy on ck5 had some done there, they charge $35 a rim and get the rim true to 10 thousandths

here are some pics of the guy on ck5's rims after he got them powder coated

·
is awesome
2,263 Posts
ok you can do it 2 ways

youself, buy the centers and weld them in yourself

or

have someone do it, depending on the business sometimes they have some and sometimes they dont, you would have to call

·
Bayou Surface Drive, LLC
7,077 Posts
ok you can do it 2 ways

youself, buy the centers and weld them in yourself

or

have someone do it, depending on the business sometimes they have some and sometimes they dont, you would have to call
for a street driven rig i wouldnt weld them myself unless i had a special jig to hold then correct. any variation will cause wobble that wont balance

·
is awesome
2,263 Posts
for a street driven rig i wouldnt weld them myself unless i had a special jig to hold then correct. any variation will cause wobble that wont balance
its easy to get it straight with a nice flat welding table and an old hub
tack it in and then check the run out

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hmmm...decisions decisions. still kinda up in the air about what to do for rims....I have always liked and wanted to run stazworks but in my case the amount of use ill get out of them really isnt outweighing the price.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts