GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Cartmans Critters
8,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What stall would I need to help me get alil more low end? Im finding some used stalls on PT.net for 2600-2800 stall.

What brands should I stay away from?

Thanks

·
GMFS Military Member
10,899 Posts
Im pretty sure Justin had a 32K Stall (HIGHSIERRA) and some other tranny mods and he loved it with his 38s

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
Also what does a converter do for highway driving?

Remains the same if it's a lock up unit, which I haven't seen any non-lockups for modern transmissions.

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
Im pretty sure Justin had a 32K Stall (HIGHSIERRA) and some other tranny mods and he loved it with his 38s

Did he install a two stroke? :hmm: :rofl2:

·
GMFS Member
4,390 Posts
well first of all, a higher stalling torque converter won't give you more low-end, it just will skip the lower rpm range when you mash the gas.

·
12 sec lifted truck club
3,536 Posts
I think you are gonna want a 3k or 3200 and make sure when you do it you get a shift kit cause ur gonna loose a whole lot of firmness in the shifts and create heat that will kill the trans quick if you dont get a shift kit and maybe even a larger cooler, thats just my opinion tho.

·
Cartmans Critters
8,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok Ill look into the trans cooler, which I think the new ones already come with one? I cant remember

And a trans go shift kit?

·
Registered
3,593 Posts

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
what gears do you have?
aftermarket or stock cam?

·
GMFS Military Member
10,899 Posts
Is there a good write up on installing a stall??

·
12 sec lifted truck club
3,536 Posts
If you have the factory cooler it should be enough for what you are gonna do with it, also I like the superior shift kit over the trans go, but its ur call. Everyone I talk to that is a trans guy says the trans go is a little aggressive for the 60e's.

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
If you have the factory cooler it should be enough for what you are gonna do with it, also I like the superior shift kit over the trans go, but its ur call. Everyone I talk to that is a trans guy says the trans go is a little aggressive for the 60e's.

Yeah you REALLY have to tone it down. I've outlined it many times, not many listen. :rofl2:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts