GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
6,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
did some searching here. Looks like Compustar, Viper, and Autopage are the most popular, but what are the differences? Or point me in the right direction to search.

·
Your HID Preferred Vendor
2,595 Posts
They are all good units and will perform as advertised. I would be more concerned with the install. A new company is coming out soon that is going to be great as well. You're having a shop install this?

·
Registered
2,116 Posts

·
Banned
6,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A shop, or a friend of mine. Just depends if I make the drive to him or just go locally.

·
Banned
6,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The search is still jacked up so I can not research any updated units. I'm looking for specific model numbers. I want a 2way, with a decent range, great customer service and reliability.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Ive got the Viper 5901 on my truck and the Excalibur AL2000E on my car both are good units tho the 5901 has more range but the Al2000E is also probably 4 or 5 years old too and technology changes alot but if the dealer that sold excalibur was still open I would not hesitate to go with another

·
Whatcha wanna do???
1,951 Posts
It also depends what all features you want or need. 2-way paging, remote start, temp sensor (to check the interior temperature of your truck) additional aux outputs to control any other power features such as a power trunk, if you have shaved handles with electric door poppers, power window roll down/up, turn the stereo on/off, .........the list goes on.

·
Whatcha wanna do???
1,951 Posts
Love my 5901....ScottyBoy installed it and it works perfect :shake: Someone stepped on my keys and busted the keyfob screen though so I can't see what's on there till I buy another. Lol.
Same Here except for the busted key fob
Thanks for the props guys. And I'm glad both of you are satisfied with the work I did on your trucks. :shake:

Chris, just order a new keyfob and I will help you program it if you need me to. Its really easy.

·
Needs more low
1,512 Posts
Thanks for the props guys. And I'm glad both of you are satisfied with the work I did on your trucks. :shake:

Chris, just order a new keyfob and I will help you program it if you need me to. Its really easy.
Very satisfied :shake: I'll for sure bring it by if I can't figure it out when I get some spare cash to order a new one. Trying to get the money/figure out a new h/u to get and then will more than likely give you a shout about installing it.

·
Wanna B Jack o all Trades
9,823 Posts
5901 with the 530T module for windows, Do it, Do it

·
Banned
1,759 Posts
I have the 5901 with a proximity sensor, and the glass break sensor. The proximity sensor is annoying, but the only problems I have are installer issues. I'll probably have it reinstalled sometime this summer.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts