GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey y'all
I just bought a 2010 Silverado crew cab, a few months ago. Had to put on new tires (18in)
I would like to lift it up just a bit.. 3 inches max.. It's for aesthetic reasons, I like the look of a lifted truck! I don't want anything too big..
I haul a couple horses around in summer time.

I've been doing some researching but not well educated on lifts yet.. So bear with me!
Questions: would I see much difference at all with just a levelling kit? I know it'll just well, level the truck off ha but is it really that noticeable? It sounds like this is the cheapest way to add a little more to your truck but cost isn't a total issue for me.. ( budget about $500 or so).

If I didn't level and wanted to go with a 3 inch lift kit, would 18 inch tires look ok? My dad seems to think anymore than 2 my tires would be too small. I am not going to buy new tires. Also, is it necessary to upgrade my shocks?

I've read that rough country is a good brand. When I do purchase a kit, it's either or, a suspension or level kit ?
Again, I'm still learning...
Any input much appreciated!

·
Jake
2,353 Posts
[MENTION=4766]Bumpers[/MENTION] know's a lot about this topic.

·
cunts
2,743 Posts
Got any pics of it?

·
Registered
521 Posts
For 3" of lift you are just going to want to level it out. A 2 or 2.5 kit will bring up the front enough to match the rear. I'd measure ground to fender height front and rear, then find the difference to figure out which one to get. Leveling it out will make a bit of difference in looks. If you go with a true lift kit, I wouldn't go any smaller than 5".

1 - 7 of 7 Posts