GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if a red/black bowtie is available anywhere for a 06 grille just like the ones that GM used to put on the SS S10's and the sport package trucks

·
Super trash and proud
1,921 Posts
Do you mean like this (kinda hard to tell but my outline is black):

DSC00487.jpg

I just went to a sign shop and got a piece of red scrap sticker material and put on mine. I'm gonna paint it later on, but haven't yet.

·
2008 RCLB
583 Posts
Do you mean like this (kinda hard to tell but my outline is black):
DSC00487.jpg

I just went to a sign shop and got a piece of red scrap sticker material and put on mine. I'm gonna paint it later on, but haven't yet.
wait your bowtie isnt painted? i just popped mine off and its sitting next to me was going to start the painting process today or tomorrow

·
Super trash and proud
1,921 Posts
no just got a piece of red sticker and put it on the inside and left the black outline. can't tell and look like 2 or 3 minutes including cleaning it very good. I stuck it on and cut around with a razor blade. Up close I can tell, but not anyone else.

I probably will paint it later when I have more to paint than just a bowtie

·
2008 RCLB
583 Posts
i plan to pop my corners and bumper off soon and sand them down and paint them red maybe ill just wait to do my bowtie till i do that.

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
You mean like this one on my old truck?
AUT_0001.jpg

Nothing is available pre-painted I don't think...but like someone said, some painters tape, a steady hand and a penknife should do the trick.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You mean like this one on my old truck?
AUT_0001.jpg

Nothing is available pre-painted I don't think...but like someone said, some painters tape, a steady hand and a penknife should do the trick.
Exactly like that! I had a truck just like that a few years ago, I still think the ZR2's are one of the best looking trucks GM has ever produced.

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Exactly like that! I had a truck just like that a few years ago, I still think the ZR2's are one of the best looking trucks GM has ever produced.
I agree...if you could fit a family in one I'd still have it.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I agree...if you could fit a family in one I'd still have it.
Most definitely, I always wanted to make a crew cab ZR2, that would have been the shiz!

I may build one someday when the value of them comes down a little more and the parts are more affordable.

·
Desert Rat
3,705 Posts
Loved my ZR2, but traded due to lack of power and was just too small, although i do wish i still had it at times

1 - 12 of 12 Posts