GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have a red 06 2500HD that im looking to take the door molding off. I was just worried that the paint underneath will be noticeably better than the rest of the truck and that I would have a rectangular outline on my doors. Any advice? Anyone have this problem or was it not noticeable? Thanks for the help!

·
Formerly "kwonchoba"
995 Posts
i just got a 2002 in victory red over the winter and took all the moldings and badges off and it was fine

·
Registered
30 Posts
I just did a 08 today. After I removed the left over glue I buffed the doors and u can't tell they were ever there. Its a silver birch color.

·
FoTfive'dpokinoutdaside
2,295 Posts
I've debadged probably 20 trucks and at the worst there's a light faint line that I buff off with my porter cable or wax helps hide it after a while it lessens thought it's not very noticeable to me anyways.

·
Yake is a Fgt
3,582 Posts
Local auto parts stores usually have them around me. Check there

·
FoTfive'dpokinoutdaside
2,295 Posts
Napa has their inexpensive version, some advance autos have them and any automotive paint supply place should have one.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I did mine back in September and yes it did but I hardly ever notice it I just parked my truck in direct sunlight and let it sit for 2 hrs and peeled it off then got the glue off with a eraser wheel that I got from and friend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
This place sucks dicks
4,938 Posts
I've debadged probably 20 trucks and at the worst there's a light faint line that I buff off with my porter cable or wax helps hide it after a while it lessens thought it's not very noticeable to me anyways.
Would it be so hard to hit the PERIOD key when necessary?

·
01 ecsb 2wd silverado
13 Posts
Not Red but I've got an 01' that's dark orange that I just took the badges and molding off last week. You can barely notice it when gets really dusty or right after it rains because there is still so very small lines of adhesive that I need to buff off.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts