GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Zombie Squad
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Aight so the white and orange lights are getting boring in my truck.
I have decided to practicly make any light in my truck red. I want to do the steering gauge lights for sure, then im going to do Dark Eternals thing when he get the whole tech. out.
so my question is...what lights do i need to get for an OBS? i saw the post about this same question almost but didnt know if the lights were the same or what? i havent taken my dash off or anything so i dont know what the lights look like or anything...please help me find red lights for the cluster and any other lights on the interior...

·
Zombie Squad
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
btw i want to red these lights out somehow...they look red in the picture but they are a lot whiter in person(im thinking like red saran rap right under the lights[inside the casing so u cant see it]).
siderunning2.jpg

siderunning.jpg

runninglights.jpg

frontrunning.jpg

·
Member # 625
968 Posts
That overhead console looks like a custom job, looks good but might be expensive to fab up. It's not a bad idea, but seems a like a difficult task to make all the lights red. Going for a Pontiac style of interior?

·
Zombie Squad
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
how bout the rest of the lights...such as door lights/cluster lights...im gonna leave the 4 lights that u can see on both sides of the top console...but other then that...

·
Zombie Squad
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i know this...but which ones do i need to get?? i cant tell a difference between them lol...which ones for the cluster? like what shape or whatever?

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
ok well the dash lights are 194s, you can get red bulbs or red LED clusters that fit it. As far as the rest of the bulbs in the dash you have 2 options if its similar to the NBS, eiterh sharpie the bulbs and backs of teh buttons red or replace them with red LEDs and teh correct resistor. Most of the other bulbs like in the overhead lights and crap are easily found in red also. As far as the overheaqd console goes, if they are bulbs and are in a series circut you cant replace them with LEDs, it wont work, if they are in parallel you should be able to. You can try the saran wrap method as well. Hopefully the article will get done in a few weeks when I have time (last finals are tomarow!!)

·
Kyle
1,684 Posts
Mine are all red, it was cheap and fun, check out www.superbrightleds.com they have some good prices. I have a red dome light, and all the 194's are replaced except for 1 map light which is a really bright 194 led so i can see shit when i need to, its a great cheap way to upgrade your dash cluster too

·
Zombie Squad
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
T1.5 Instrument LED bulb
1-LED Instrument Cluster and Gauge illumination bulb. #74 LED bulb installed in twist-lock socket base Available with White,Blue,Green,Red and Amber Wide Angle LED

i take it thats for the cluster? lol how many bulbs are in the cluster?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts