GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
CHIMICHANGA
3,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was riding around with a flamed blue dash for what seems like forever now...and finally decided since I'm redoing alot of other stuff on the truck, might as well redo the interior....bc I hated the color it was.

Im also redoing the console...but that's a few steps away from where I'am now.

I didnt take many pics of the process, but here are some of the 1st coat. Eventhough it was painted before I painted it, there was alot of work that had to be done.... i.e. texture was still bleeding through, runs in the clear, cracking primer etc. The previous painter was in a mad rush to get it done I assume...

The color is BMW Platinum Met. Grey. I plan on adding some House of Kolor flake to the clear to make it really pop.

The color fits sooo well with the graphite interior. I think it will be a good matching contrast to the black exterior.

IMG_3003.jpg

IMG_3002.jpg

IMG_2998.jpg

IMG_2992.jpg

IMG_3004.jpg

IMG_3005.jpg

IMG_3006.jpg

IMG_3007.jpg

IMG_3008.jpg

IMG_3013.jpg

More to come, lemme know what you think!

·
Smiggles
3,493 Posts
damn looks good already. cant wait to see it done

·
resident pyromaniac
7,499 Posts
looks good already:imo can't wait to see it completed! i don't know how you guys rock painted dashes...mine would be scraped badly:(

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
look familiar.... :hmm:

P6090120.jpg

P6100125.jpg

haha nice color man. im in the process of smoothing the glove box. how on earth did you do it??? so many curves on that thing make it near impossible to sand especially near the handle

·
GroundeD 4 LifE
1,234 Posts
damn dude that looks good as all hell. that color is badass

·
CHIMICHANGA
3,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
look familiar.... :hmm:

P6090120.jpg

P6100125.jpg

haha nice color man. im in the process of smoothing the glove box. how on earth did you do it??? so many curves on that thing make it near impossible to sand especially near the handle
11007.gif

·
CHIMICHANGA
3,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
so what do i do with that..
Its basically sprayable bondo...makes filling texture alot easier. Spray a couple good coats on that glove box...let it set, sand.

·
Smiggles
3,493 Posts
:jester: @ cesar and myself posting nearly the same thing
make up your own post :crazy:

edit- will it be ready by border bash?

·
CHIMICHANGA
3,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
just a small teaser....
039.jpg

IMG_3020.jpg

IMG_3021.jpg

IMG_3022.jpg

·
CHIMICHANGA
3,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
DashBlue.jpg

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
That is going to look great. I can't wait to see the finished pics as it is sure to look 100x better than the light blue.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts