GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
CHIMICHANGA
3,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was riding around with a flamed blue dash for what seems like forever now...and finally decided since I'm redoing alot of other stuff on the truck, might as well redo the interior....bc I hated the color it was.

Im also redoing the console...but that's a few steps away from where I'am now.

I didnt take many pics of the process, but here are some of the 1st coat. Eventhough it was painted before I painted it, there was alot of work that had to be done.... i.e. texture was still bleeding through, runs in the clear, cracking primer etc. The previous painter was in a mad rush to get it done I assume...

The color is BMW Platinum Met. Grey. I plan on adding some House of Kolor flake to the clear to make it really pop.

The color fits sooo well with the graphite interior. I think it will be a good matching contrast to the black exterior.

More to come, lemme know what you think!

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
look familiar.... :hmm:

haha nice color man. im in the process of smoothing the glove box. how on earth did you do it??? so many curves on that thing make it near impossible to sand especially near the handle

·
GroundeD 4 LifE
1,234 Posts
damn dude that looks good as all hell. that color is badass

·
CHIMICHANGA
3,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
look familiar.... :hmm:

haha nice color man. im in the process of smoothing the glove box. how on earth did you do it??? so many curves on that thing make it near impossible to sand especially near the handle

·
CHIMICHANGA
3,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
so what do i do with that..
Its basically sprayable bondo...makes filling texture alot easier. Spray a couple good coats on that glove box...let it set, sand.

·
Smiggles
3,493 Posts
:jester: @ cesar and myself posting nearly the same thing
make up your own post :crazy:

edit- will it be ready by border bash?

·
CHIMICHANGA
3,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
just a small teaser....

·
CHIMICHANGA
3,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.