GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off I'm lost when it comes to audio stuff. I've been trying to do research but still have no idea on what to really look for.

My current setup. I have Pioneer N-3. Diamond door speakers (not sure which ones they are from the previous owner) and a subthump box for two 10's.

I hate the setup I'm running. The rear door speakers are REALLY distorted and you can't hear music going down the freeway at 60mph.

So my plan is to replace the rears, add a amp and two 10's.

For sub's I was looking at these

http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/products/product_details.asp?cat_id=4&series_id=31&family_id=10&item_id=108277&locale=en_US&p_status=

and for an amp I was looking at just a P300-1.

Haven't really looked into rear door speakers. My budget is probably 500-600 max. Am I going in the right direction or does anyone know of a better setup out there?

·
Officially Tucking Tire
8,919 Posts
what truck is this going in?

·
Officially Tucking Tire
8,919 Posts
dont even bother with rear speakers then.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
guessing because there a pita to replace?

My biggest concern was just finding a good setup for the amp and subs. I don't have experience running and subs. I've only really looked at RF because they came recommended by so have other brands. So as far as picking out subs and a matching amp I'm not sure what I'm suppose to be looking for. :lazer:

·
Officially Tucking Tire
8,919 Posts
guessing because there a pita to replace?

My biggest concern was just finding a good setup for the amp and subs. I don't have experience running and subs. I've only really looked at RF because they came recommended by so have other brands. So as far as picking out subs and a matching amp I'm not sure what I'm suppose to be looking for. :lazer:
do you wanna go sealed or ported?
what do you want out of your subs?

and is 600 max for everything?

·
S-Marts Top of the Line
191 Posts
sound system in personal preference vs budget. my advice would be nul the rear speakers.

make sure the very basics are in place. check the mounting depth of the box and mounting depth of the speakers., air space of the box vs. air space required by speakers, power required by the speakers vs. output of the amp (RMS and peak watts and the ohm load for example: make sure if the subs are going to be series as a 2ohm load that the amp is 2 ohm stable etc......)

make sure the sound is balanced and clear and my advice on this would be start with the headunit and work backwards (headunit -> tweet/highs -> mids -> bass/lows)

lastly make sure you have the correct size wiring

·
Officially Tucking Tire
8,919 Posts
highs and mids should be in the same step... unless you go 3-way or active.:imo

·
Officially Tucking Tire
8,919 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thx for the responses. basically 600 tops right now unless I get talked into something else. I have a sealed subthump box for two 10's. Currently looking at two rockford P3D410 powered ab a T1000-1bd. I heard good things about JL and kicker also... just wondering if you guys were in my situation what would you want to run?

I'm basically just looking to turn it up a notch. Doesn't have to blow the windows off my truck but just something nice that can be heard.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts