GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody besides me wish GM would offer a bigger regular cab like Ford or Dodge. The cab is so small I like how in a Ford you can put a book bag behind the front seat. Where as in a GM you can not put a folder behind the seat.

Also I love Ford's under the bed storage they had in the 70's. GM did it for a year or two, and wish it would come back.

·
Still Most Hated
1,607 Posts
Does anybody besides me wish GM would offer a bigger regular cab like Ford or Dodge. The cab is so small I like how in a Ford you can put a book bag behind the front seat. Where as in a GM you can not put a folder behind the seat.

Also I love Ford's under the bed storage they had in the 70's. GM did it for a year or two, and wish it would come back.
nope. just you. i'm perfectly happy with the size of the reg cab. and my backpack fits comfy behind the center console.

·
Mmm Sandwich
15,691 Posts
Gm should work on the little things like the ignition before they start making the cab bigger

·
TEAM FUEL MOTORSPORTS
7,892 Posts
I fit two non-shallow mount 10" subs behind my RCSBs seats with room to spare.... plus haul extra work clothes and my lunch box behind the console/jump seat area. Although... I'm not tall either at 5' 9".

·
Still Most Hated
1,607 Posts
I fit two non-shallow mount 10" subs behind my RCSBs seats with room to spare.... plus haul extra work clothes and my lunch box behind the console/jump seat area. Although... I'm not tall either at 5' 9".
6'0" and i fit two subs behind the seat in my old 01 no prob.

·
Registered
39 Posts
The F150 regular cab looks goofy to me with the extra little doors and this is coming from the former owner of an F150 (extended cab though).

·
This place sucks dicks
4,938 Posts
the f150 regular cab looks goofy to me with the extra little doors and this is coming from the former owner of an f150 (extended cab though).
cfsb

·
2009 GMC Sierra ECSB Z71
4,791 Posts
I would love to get back into a regular cab for a daily driver, but, problems with my knee mean that'll never happen.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The F150 regular cab looks goofy to me with the extra little doors and this is coming from the former owner of an F150 (extended cab though).
I thought it was funny the first time I saw those doors myself. Dodge didn't use them.

Plus the way GM like Dodge no longer has an extended cab. I not sure why I liked extended cabs, but I would never buy the 4 door extended version they offer now.

·
2009 GMC Sierra ECSB Z71
4,791 Posts
Why are you to tall for a regular truck?
Not quite. I fit fine in them, but, there really isn't enough room to stretch my legs when I need to. My extended cab gives me that extra room.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The cab on my 94 Sierra is wayyy bigger than the cab on my 90 F-250... I dunno what ya'll are complaining about.
For some dumb reason I love regular cab trucks vs a crew which would suit my life better. Ever since I rode in a 06 F150 rcsb after I got my 07 nnbs rcsb I couldn't get over how big a difference it made in 4-5 inches. The guy was able to store his tools in a couple of bags behind his seat, and I could barely fit a book bag there. I am 5'8", weigh about 180, have stubs for legs, and some how had the seat nearly all the way back.

On my older truck is doesn't bother me much since the shorter cab flows better in my eyes, and I did not pay very much for my truck. If I lay down $25K it better have a few more bells+whistles, and space behind the seat I would love.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Id never buy another regular cab truck again after having extended cabs and 4 door cars.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
i agree. i had a reg cab and it was fun as hell to drive but i wish there was a little room behind the seat just to lean the seat back farther. im only saying maybe 2-3" of depth would of made it perfect. would be able to put some tools, lean seat back and more room for a slightly larger sub.

i do miss my reg cab because it was fun to drive but having my land yacht crew cab is nice as i have room to keep stuff inside locked up if it fit an not in the bed.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I love my RCSB.... my first truck was a 91 s10 RCSB now that's a small cab but I still managed an never complained. I think my 01 chev RCSB is jus about right for leg room..No complain here

1 - 17 of 17 Posts