GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last year I had to replace my LQ4 in my HD due to a puddle flooding the engine. My insurance covered it which was pretty badass, and I was stupid and went and bought a remanufactured engine from a local engine shop (NOT a Jasper motor). Well, there has been a noisy lifter (ticking) in the thing since day 1. I called them and the motor has a 100,000 mile warranty on it. They want to replace the ENTIRE engine which I think is ridiculous to do. I know some of you think I'm crazy but I'd rather just get a check in the mail for covering the repair. I'm going to void the warranty completely anyway since I'm going to be putting a cam in it, so I figure I might as well try to get some $$ for having a "mechanic" fix it. Any ideas on what I should do to try and make this happen?

·
GMFS Member
1,034 Posts
I'd just swap the cam, springs, and the lifters with LS7 lifters. These engines with stock lifters are noisy anyways and you cannot guarantee the next engine will not have the same issue. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I had planned on doing lifters while I was doing a cam swap. I was just wondering if there's any good con artist in here that could give me advice on how to get some $$ out of this.

·
kissin hands shakin babie
6,529 Posts
Yeah I had planned on doing lifters while I was doing a cam swap. I was just wondering if there's any good con artist in here that could give me advice on how to get some $$ out of this.
when we had our motor warantied, we had a buddy that owned a shop make up a reciept saying it cost blah blah for installation, but we also got a free motor and only got labor money.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.