GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Ultimate IFS Pirate
1,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know which accessories run through this box?

If one was shorted out, would it make sense that my power windows/door locks for the passenger door and the blower for my AC/heater wouldn't work?

Driver's door power is fine but I cannot control the passenger side with either switch. The blower relay isn't the problem. My connections are fine as my passenger switches light up with the headlights on AND my driver's side won't function with the ground disconnected.

It is possible that this box got wet at one time.

Thanks.

·
Registered
156 Posts
In the driver's fuse panel (Left side IP), fuse #12 (25 amp) controls all the blower speeds. I've done quite a few blower motors in that vintage but test for 12volt and ground at the motor before ponying up for a new motor.

As for door locks, ASSUMING the actuator in the door is good, there is a seperate relay for each door lock because keyless entry allows for unlocking driver's only followed by all unlock. IIRC, it's under the radio.

·
Ultimate IFS Pirate
1,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm assuming the actuator for the door lock is good because I also have the problem with the same door's power window. Do you know where both go for their control? Is it this actuation module?

I've replaced that fuse many times trying to figure out this problem.

Thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts